Question d.p.f. delete

clay1822

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Has anyone did a d.p.f. delete with an 08 6.4 and do you tow alot did it help towing? did your fuel economy increase?Have you had any problems with the motor?what programmer did you use? I have been talking to elite diesel and I like what they have got, Ijust towed in a 08 6.4 diesel with an edge who blew his motor up in the stock postition pulling a trailer so look at the sct tuner!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Watch ANY tuner. Using a tuner will void your warranty and Ford can tell. Don't ask, I don't know.

Dave

clay1822

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

Yes and no on the warranty I have had edge systems,exhaust,injectors,turbos,trannys I have had it all at one time or another the reason i am in the 6.4 is they black flagged my 6.0 for this cause I raised cane about the dealer taking 8 weeks to repair my truck so I already know what they can do and how they can do it the flash programmers are better then the hard wired systems you can take them out quicker then the hard wired systems the other way is to drain all battery power with the doors open and lights flashing and radio on for up to 24 hours then it resets the computer after you recharge the system I want to find out if anyone is having any e.g.r. issues from the d.p.f. delete i burned up over 10 of them on passed trucks I do not want that problem oh and better fuel mileage thats the biggest issue

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i think there are a few pleased customers of Spartan Diesel on here and other people i have talked to...seemed to have a good benefit with power and economy

smurfz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 with a Spartan and 50,000 kms on it. No troubles towing or Hauling *****! Great fuel econ 50% increase over stock and "stupid" power gains... You get what you pay for. I have more then recouped my investment with the fuel saving alone. Plus it is more fun than other vehicles I own to drive.

garychios

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What is a D.P.F? I figure Down Pipe, but what is the "f".

Is there a place here for FAQ on tech items. I looked and cannot find it.

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spartan is the way to go and can monitor all your worries on a 7 inch display thats what to go for and the redic power gains too !

Shuffle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Smurfz, or anyone with the spartan set up, you said 50% better econ but what are you getting? I have a 2010 with the 6.4 and I get about 15 on the highway and 13 in town. I had an 05 with the 6.0 and 35 inch tires and got better econ than I do now.

thanks guys

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58