D66---IT'S HERE!!!!!!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Later this evening, I'll post some pics, take some comparitive measurements.

Besides being a lot cleaner :lmao , it looks like the turbine wheel is different. The exhaust housing is a 1.0 too.

The compressor side looks like it may have been bored out/honed/machined, can't tell for sure without taking the cover off for a quick visual inspection.

I got a new pedestal without an EBPV.

More to follow..............

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
worthlessthread.gif

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
The inducer on the compressor wheel is 66mm which took oversizing of the inlet on the compressor housing. I believe the exducer is same as stock.

I thought the exhaust wheel was stock, does is look bigger or different angle on the vanes?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
OK, here it is the long awaited unvieling of Dominator 66 from Beans.

From outwards appearance, (aside from the 1.0 turbine housing) it looks just like the standard early 99 turbo, which I think the whole point.
View attachment 6869View attachment 6870View attachment 6871

The first thing I compared to the standard early 99 turbo, was the compressor section. The compressor housing is the same 1.10 A/R as the OEM turbo. But it looks to have been modified to accomodate the larger compressor wheel. The stock wheel is 80mm in diameter, the D66 compressor wheel is 88mm. I removed the compressor housing so as to better see the D66 wheel. The stock wheel is seen next to the opened D66 compressor.
View attachment 6872View attachment 6873

As for the other end:
View attachment 6874
I got the wastegated turbine housing so I could retain my exhaust brake. I still have to mount the thing on the turbine housing, but I have to go bolt shopping tomorrow. I had to cut the bolt heads off to get the exhaust brake off the old turbo. I was hoping the D66 would come with a EBPV assembly which I could have removed and used those bolts, but what you see is what I got. So I have to find some more bolts before I can proceed any further.

In comparing the turbine wheels, the minimum diameter of the stock turbine wheel is 63mm stock, 70mm for the D66. So in addition to the 1.0 turbine housing the size of the turbine wheel is increased also.

So overall, the outside of the turbo is the same, but the parts on the inside are bigger on both sides. This definately doesn't just look like a "looks good on paper" mod. There's some balls to this turbo.;tu ;tu

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14