D66---IT'S HERE!!!!!!

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What NO (SDD.COM wreath). HAHA

That D66 is sweet, bet you can't wait to get that thing installed. Intrested to hear how the truck runs after all said and done.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Intrested to hear how the truck runs after all said and done.

Hopefully tomorrow.
The last few days I haven't been able to work on it, due to cold, and the obligatory Sunday afternoon meeting of the Devoted Order of the Cheesehead. :packers :wave1

That along with having to put a day in at work today. The temps the next few days are supposed to be rather warm (around 30*), so I might be able to get 'er done.

Last edited:

Strokin_Early_99

Diesel Youngin'
Reaction score
How did the banks big head fit. I had to mill the rod down to fit and the hole was larger than the wastegate pin. But it worked just fine. I loved my D66.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Almost Installed.

I've been trying to work on things a little each day. Today I got it about all done except the downpipe and intercooler pipes. Might have it done tomorrow time permitting.

In the first two pics you can see the 99.5 3" intake covers, the non-EBPV pedestal I got with the D66 and the H/X tube. Over by the left end of the H/X tube, the tube you see snaking around the left H/X fitting is a tube for an exhaust back pressure high limit sensor for the exhaust brake.

View attachment 6923View attachment 6920

One issue with the 3" intake covers and an early 99, is clearance between the compressor housing and the rear end of the driver side intake cover. I had to "modify" the driver side intake cover in order to get the turbo to clear. I had to hammer the cover just enough where I have maybe 1/16" between them. You can see where I have a 3 layer thick piece of cardboard between them to show the clearance.
View attachment 6921View attachment 6922

And for all you wussies with heated garages:
View attachment 6924
If you look closely, you can see my "poor mans" top-side creeper.

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
How are you going to marry up the intake Y to the 3" intakes?

The early 99 factory intake connector hoses were a step-down hose, if memory serves from 2 3/8" down to something like 2 1/8". All I had to do is get some step-up hoses going from the intake spyder size (2 3/8"?) to the intake cover size of 3". I did the 3" intake mod over a year ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14