Help Needed Daddy just put GAS in the diesel John Deere mower.

JRJ04

Reaction score
did you try starting it or turn the key on to prime the fuel pump? If not, I'd say drain the tank and make sure the lines are clear and then you should be good to go.

If you did, drain the tank, lines etc. put fresh gas in there and then maybe some fuel stabilizer to help? Might smoke for a bit, but i would think it would even out.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Well, he already ran the mower for about 5 minutes and I could hear it from inside the office and it sounded sick.

He pulled it back into the shop and told me to come here and listen to it. He said all he did was put some fuel in it and he showed me the can. It was a RED gas can and I smelled it and told him he just put gas in it.

JRJ04

Reaction score
Well, he already ran the mower for about 5 minutes and I could hear it from inside the office and it sounded sick.

He pulled it back into the shop and told me to come here and listen to it. He said all he did was put some fuel in it and he showed me the can. It was a RED gas can and I smelled it and told him he just put gas in it.

in that case...drain it, get as much out of the lines/pump as you can, fill it with fresh fuel, and a heavy dose of 2 cycle motor oil.

then try running it?

dpantazis

Reaction score
bama-
what model is this mower?
does it have an rotary injection pump or electric pump with valves on it?

if its an older tractor, and it has a traditional injection pump, you should be able to drain it and prime it with fittings or ports on the pump.

if its the electric pump with the check valves, it might be a fuel delivery valve gone bad or an injector causing it to hickup.

model? engine?

dp

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Dave, my Dad is 77 and can't really do much by way of wrenching. I could thump him on the hand and he would bruise instantly.

We will get it worked out.

I think you KNOW I was kidding. My Dad is 85 and he can't see or hear very well. So he is worse at wrenching than your Dad. :D

Dave :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58