Help Needed Daddy just put GAS in the diesel John Deere mower.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Drain it out, flush till you got straight diesel coming out the bleeder. Probably a good time to change the fuel filter too, pretty hard to get all the gas out, looks like that one has a cartridge in a housing. Prime it up, give it a shot of additive, let pa mow grass again. I doubt there will be any damage. Stuff made back then was tough to mess up. :sweet

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Glad you got it worked out.

I'm betting you dad was feeling just awful about it all.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Glad you got it worked out.

I'm betting you dad was feeling just awful about it all.

It frustrated him pretty good. Ever since 2008, after going thru chemo for cancer, Daddy's memory, stamina, endurance, strengh, all took a pretty good shot.

It frustrates him that he can no longer do a lot of what he was doing, prior to be treated for the cancer. Up until the day before he had the mass taken out of his neck, we were out loading the Pete with a few cars for our driver.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 86 year old Dad is the same way guyz.. but he won't give up on some things. He may be slower about stuff, but he'll Gitr Dun.

Can't see, hard of hearing (selectively I think ;)) needs his Cane.. but last month, when we were on a 2 week RV thing... He still won't accept any help when it comes to "Hook'n Up" the RV connections, the "Toad", and other RV stuff.

Still dances a tune or five. Still splits his own Firewood. Still calls me his "Oldest Boy"...

Frustrating to watch him struggle at times.. He qualified for a Scooter.. He sez: I Ain't There Yet !!!

Ya Gota Love It :sweet :sweet

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
My 86 year old Dad is the same way guyz.. but he won't give up on some things. He may be slower about stuff, but he'll Gitr Dun.

Can't see, hard of hearing (selectively I think ;)) needs his Cane.. but last month, when we were on a 2 week RV thing... He still won't accept any help when it comes to "Hook'n Up" the RV connections, the "Toad", and other RV stuff.

Still dances a tune or five. Still splits his own Firewood. Still calls me his "Oldest Boy"...

Frustrating to watch him struggle at times.. He qualified for a Scooter.. He sez: I Ain't There Yet !!!

Ya Gota Love It :sweet :sweet

Sounds a lot like my Dad, except that I am his "only boy." Yes I am the baby of the family.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep Joe know what you and Stephen are talking about, my mom passed away 11 years ago and the day before she died she told someone I was her baby boy. I was 52 or 53 then. LOL

Doug

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58