Dahl 100 Fuel Filter

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
My restriction guage reads zero with a new filter for a few thousand miles. So IMO the OEM steel line is fine with stock injectors.

It appears that screens in the mixing chamber are your problem. If I were you I'd eliminate the chamber and do the Hutch mod.

You could drain the fuel into containers by removing the outlet hose of the fuel pump and attaching a hose to the pump. Key-on several times or run hot wire down the pump in order to not mess with the key.

firemediceric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to give it a try tomorrow. I have printed off the instructions for the Hutch Mod. I hope I'm not getting in over my head:confused:

firemediceric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did get everything done and I was able to handle it all by myself. I'm so proud.

I dropped the tank, I did the Hutch and Harpoon mods. The screens both on the foot and in the mixing chamber were VERY clogged.

I got the new fuel line run and everything is back together. The truck seems to be running well and the Vacuum guage after the Dahl is now reading -4.

Had I never purchased the vac guage from Bob, I would have never known about this problem until I went through several pumps . As it is, who knows how long I've been dealing with this restriction and placing a strain on the pump.

I can't thank you enough for all of your help. If you get to Florida, let me know and I'll buy you a beer.

Eric

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14