Dash lights???

shortstroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 01' has a light blown in the dash to the right of the tach no a real big deal but its kinda annoying. I asked my local auto parts store and they said it was a dealer item only. Has anyone ever replaced any bulbs in the dash? How hard was it? Where did you get the bulbs?

Reaction score
Replaced my buddies they were just small bulbs like on most dashes. Gotta remove the radio and the dash then a couple screws will get you behind the gauges and you just change em all at once. That way you dont have to go back in there for a while.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I haven't changed any in a Ford dash, but many in General Motors products. Usually for that size the bulb is probably a 194. In the GM's that I have done they were a huge pain and the bulbs were not the standard 194 they had a plastic plug manufactured into the bulb to work on their stupid circuit board type wire feeds.

rdytow

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes the bulb is a dealer item only. At least so far, my local parts house has not found them. Reason being is they are a bulb/base assembly as one unit. Not a 194 bulb. My local dealer gets them for about 6-9 bucks apiece. And if I remember right, the heater controls and dash are different lights.

femurphy77

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Old thread but did the dash lights this weekend, the main lights are 194's in a plastic base. Hold firmly to the base, pull the bulb, put a new one in. Now the indicator lights are another beast altogether, Ford only that I'm aware of.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
the part number is PC194
and any parts house worth it's salt should be able to get them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14