Dash warning indicator question.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
Just happened this weekend, on my way out to a friends and on my way back home, when I was running 65-70 after a few miles of this speed a wrench icon poped on, after I spent the day at friend I started the truck and light was off till I reached 65-70 again. I take it that their is a code stored . Am I right. Haven't had a chance to readit yet.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The code was set when the PCM detected it. The PCM turned on the light, so the code will be there whether or not the light is on.

Dave :)

hulkster

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yep, there will be a code set. wrench light is more serious than a check engine light.
wrench light in most cases will put the truck in limp mode and usually it is set by something mechanical like, stuck turbo, or a circuit problem, the processor in the truck determines the priority of the code by condition you are driving when it trips the wrench light. so if the turbo is sticking,when you get on the throttle the wrench will light but probably won't light when your just putting around. a exhaust back pressure sensor fault will set a check engine light untill you repair the fault, most will ignore it for awhile i have, ignore a wrench light long enough and the processor will put you in limp mode...hope this is helps

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58