Days as a Powerstroke owner are numbered.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I went to the credit union yesterday to start the ball rolling on refinancing the house and doing a debt consolidation. I was very surprised how much we'll be gaining. Between the house payment, home equity loan and 8.5% student loans for our daughter, we were paying a total about $1600 a month. With the refiinance move, the interest will be dropping from 5.125% to 3.5% and we'll be paying a total of about $750. I mentioned the need before long for some new wheels and the loan lady said no "problemlo". So it looks like I'll be gathering research materials on new trucks.

As much as I love my current Superduty, I won't be getting another. The new trucks are are just too friggin' ugly for me to stomach. (The interior looks like they designed it using my grandson's multicolored Lego blocks.) Right now I'm leaning towards a F-150 with the Ecoboost V-6 or a *Ahem/cough* Duramax. :oops:

Like I've said before, I love my truck, but it's a daily driver with 306,000 miles on it. One gets to a point sooner or later where reality sets in. You have to admit that if you're depending on a vehicle to get back & forth to work with, it has to have fewer miles on it than that.

Oh, and did I mention I got notified yesterday at work that effective on Saturday I'm going full time with a $3 hr pay raise?:bama
So all things considered, for the last 12 1/2 years, the trip with my early 99 has been a good one. But I think the time has come for a change.

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Congrats on the good news! Thats a great interest rate. My lil bro just got a home equity loan so he can pay off all his debt and have one low monthly payment. Makes me want to have my own house dang it! I've heard great things on that eco boost v6. Especially the F150s. Thats all I see around here is newer F150s. 04 and up. For every 1 pos gm, i see probably around 6 F150s. You couldnt give me a dura****. But Im racist when it comes to Ford vs gov motors haha:D:sweet. Should just put money into yer powerstroker. Its lasted this long and will last even longer.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes Kent, you need a newer vehicle. Get whatever makes you happy, no matter the badge on the tailgate. There are many good trucks out there. I know you will find THE one for you.

Dave :thumbs

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I went to the credit union yesterday to start the ball rolling on refinancing the house and doing a debt consolidation. I was very surprised how much we'll be gaining. Between the house payment, home equity loan and 8.5% student loans for our daughter, we were paying a total about $1600 a month. With the refiinance move, the interest will be dropping from 5.125% to 3.5% and we'll be paying a total of about $750. I mentioned the need before long for some new wheels and the loan lady said no "problemlo". So it looks like I'll be gathering research materials on new trucks.

As much as I love my current Superduty, I won't be getting another. The new trucks are are just too friggin' ugly for me to stomach. (The interior looks like they designed it using my grandson's multicolored Lego blocks.) Right now I'm leaning towards a F-150 with the Ecoboost V-6 or a *Ahem/cough* Duramax. :oops:

Like I've said before, I love my truck, but it's a daily driver with 306,000 miles on it. One gets to a point sooner or later where reality sets in. You have to admit that if you're depending on a vehicle to get back & forth to work with, it has to have fewer miles on it than that.

Oh, and did I mention I got notified yesterday at work that effective on Saturday I'm going full time with a $3 hr pay raise?:bama
So all things considered, for the last 12 1/2 years, the trip with my early 99 has been a good one. But I think the time has come for a change.

sell it to Bama so he has something to pull that new RV with..

then go get a 6.7 like Sagebel did..
the ugly will only last untill you drive it.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
id have to agree with the ugliness.i seen a duallie today.those rear fenders are worst than fugly.i think i may have thrown up a little.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Looks like Kent needs some good ole SDD therapy :lmao

As much as I love my current Superduty, I won't be getting another.
You'll love the new SD's far more than your ole '99. Trust me.

The new trucks are are just too friggin' ugly for me to stomach.
Just look at them a little more. Maybe I can help. :D
DSC04861-1.jpg

I think they have a very distinctive look. Very bold. Git-it-done serious. Ok, look at it some more :D Then go drive some of them. Come drive mine. You'll be hooked.
id have to agree with the ugliness.i seen a duallie today.those rear fenders are worst than fugly.i think i may have thrown up a little.
I hope that picture didn't cause you any distress Rich, but how do you think the truck feels when it looks at you? Maybe it leaked some DEF. :lmao

The interior looks like they designed it using my grandson's multicolored Lego blocks.
Your grandson must be a GENIUS. That's quite a compliment for him :sweet
The interiors in these are miles ahead of GM or Dodge. No comparison.
Right now I'm leaning towards a F-150 with the Ecoboost V-6
Nice trucks. My dad is thinking about buying one.
*Ahem/cough* Durapad.
Enjoy :stir We'll have to get you a list of sites to go to for help with those :lmao
You are ready for a 2011/ 2012 Ford 6.7. You just don't know it yet. We will continue to help you, no charge. :D

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Looks like Kent needs some good ole SDD therapy :lmao

You'll love the new SD's far more than your ole '99. Trust me.

Just look at them a little more. Maybe I can help. :D
DSC04861-1.jpg

I think they have a very distinctive look. Very bold. Git-it-done serious. Ok, look at it some more :D Then go drive some of them. Come drive mine. You'll be hooked.

I hope that picture didn't cause you any distress Rich, but how do you think the truck feels when it looks at you? Maybe it leaked some DEF. :lmao

Your grandson must be a GENIUS. That's quite a compliment for him :sweet
The interiors in these are miles ahead of GM or Dodge. No comparison.

Nice trucks. My dad is thinking about buying one.

Enjoy :stir We'll have to get you a list of sites to go to for help with those :lmao

You are ready for a 2011/ 2012 Ford 6.7. You just don't know it yet. We will continue to help you, no charge. :D
:D:D:D:tounge:stir

myself really dig the 450 look

good to hear your going to be saving money
with the new low interest loans we have thought about buying a few houses to rent out

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
The new trucks do need some help. I had plans to color match the entire front end but after doing the headlights I think I'll leave it alone. The tires and wheels really helped the looks as well.

New and old
NewTruck001.jpg

Less than a month old
Hay1.jpg

Current look but no quite as dirty
DSC03311.jpg

Whatever you decide, drive them all. I almost bought the Dodge. They have really added some cool features. If you buy a Ford get one with Sync. 330 RWHP isn't too shabby either. The fact that it put down more HP than my hot chipped 7.3 is pretty cool since I couldn't tow with that program.

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I think what I don't like the most about the interior is the loud & bold look. It looks just doesn't have the smooth, quiet and "flowing" look that I like. The outside (front end) doesn't look horrible to me, just not attractive.

Too bad one can't get a "new" 7.3 Superduty with "zero" miles on it. I think I'd jump on that if it was do-able.

But I do get a laugh from those that think I'm need of an "intervention" when I mentioned I was considering a Duramax. :lmao

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TG just do a tires up restore on the 7.3....then you'll have a "zero" miles motor....lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg