Help Needed dead miss while cold

hardhead

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This is my first diesel so ya'll my see me a lot. I have no history on this truck except a clean carfax. (2006 F350 4x4 FX4 Dually 6.0 turbo)
This truck ran fine when I bought it, Lots of power, very little boost needed to take off quick. The batteries ran down in 4 days. (no volt meter, only dummy light and it is off). Original batteries so I replaced them and now when I start it cold it surges then smoothes out at idle. But when I take off it has a dead miss until it reaches temp and the miss seems to go away. Now it takes much more boost and seems to have less power. Any ideas?
Thanks
David

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Injector, or FICM. I have the same problem, and that is what I have been told. Of course, I have not taken it in yet, either. BTW, your mileage is going to drop, too.

hardhead

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yes, It is very low now. And yep that is what I thought it was, The FICM..........
UUUUHHH BTW what is FICM
ty
David

Last edited:

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
hardhead,

Fuel Injection Control Module........ it is what runs the injection system in the truck..... It is the rectangular metal box mounted on top of the drivers side valve cover....

hardhead

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking but not sure
Thanks
David
Oh on an average, what does injector replacement cost?

jasonfrenchsr

THE BOSS 6.0
Reaction score
have you ever heard of all the gauges stop working at once? does this effect youre charging system? 03 superduty 6.0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58