Deep Cycle Batteries

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put PowerVolt (by Interstate) in all my equipment that needs replacing. It's the cheaper version, I get it at a local truck parts warehouse. But still have the stockers in my 6.0.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I seriously doubt your inverter killed your batteries/ alternator... I am running one 1500w inverter to power a large laptop and printer as well as quite a few accesories, along with a set of hard wired 1/0 jumper cables which I have at times connected to equipment backwards :rolleyes: or dead shorted, and my stock alternator is still going with 230K. Running the mega-tron Interstates as well. Oh, I also have a heavy cable running to the rear of the bed to connect to my equipment trailer to run the tilt bed and 15K winch ;)

the_hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I have a radar detector and sattelite radio that before this happenned I would forget to turn off at night. They run off of the cigaretter lighter. My inverter is plugged into the aux. power point. That is all I have ever ran off of this truck.

That being said, I have had no shortage of electrical related problems with this truck. Maybe I am a victim of Friday Afternoon before a long weekend build on my truck.

The alternator has been replaced by Ford and my dealer with a FoMoCo re-man alternator. I have not replaced my batteries yet. They are going to be done soon. And by the sounds of it I am better off to go with the Interstates.

I am going to hate having to burn fuel to run my computer, but I guess Ill have to. I am going to hook up the battery protect switch though.

Thanks for all your input.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That shouldn't have caused all this... the batteries may have taken a dump just because of a defect and the alternator tried to keep them alive and toasted itself. That's not enough of a load to create a major problem. I mean if you left it that way for a week I could see it maybe, but not overnight. It would be interesting to see what your system voltage is actually running at. Idiot gauges are about worthless....

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever I have to replace the batteries in the truck I'll get Dekas. I live 20 miles from the plant,and I used to drive truck for them. Factory seconds at 1/2 the price because of a blemish about the size of a 1/2 dollar. I'v had seconds that last 7, or more years. Keith

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to the deep cycle batteries...I was told they are not made to handle a constant charge. Is this true and if its not would it work in our '81 f350 rollback gasser? Thought about hooking it up to run a inverter for drop lights and impact gun.

drmjf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interstate battery's are great. But I have been running 2 optima redtops (starting) as the main batteries for 2 years, no problems. I run a 130 amp inverter to an optima bluetop (deep cycle) in the bed to run my inverter and any thing else I need.

Last edited:

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to the deep cycle batteries...I was told they are not made to handle a constant charge. Is this true and if its not would it work in our '81 f350 rollback gasser? Thought about hooking it up to run a inverter for drop lights and impact gun.

This is probably as good an information source as any...

http://www.crownbattery.com/PDF/Safety.First._Deep Cycle Batteries.pdf

Energy Alternatives - Batteries, Deep-Cycle, deep cycle, lead acid, solar batteries, deep-discharge, lead-antimony, global-yuasa, 85t, davidson batteries, agm, absorbent glass mat, gel cells, Alternative Energy sources, alternate energy, trojan, troj

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58