DFP kit from Spartan Diesel Tech?

WhiteYacht08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Matt is offering 2 different kits, ones a basic and the other is an advanced (the actually tuner itself) They had a delay on the basic units and it was enough of a delay to put it inline with the advanced units. So ill be getting the advanced one. Shipping out Monday of next week. After talking to Matt some more, he told me the trip he took down to Florida to visit KEM he was getting 25 mpg

jguitarfly55

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanx WhiteYacht08 I am very interested to see if these claims are right. If so I will be inline to buy.... I have a 08 F250 also white with blacked out glass(very cool look) I am getting 14.3 if I drive it easy. Thanx again

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id like to know some MORE about those claimed mpg...

what were the conditions, what was the SPEED...
was he TOWING....
what is the truck set up (gearing).

if anyone gets that kinda mpg theyre gonna have
to PROVE IT...and if its true theyll be getting more MPG
than ANY superduty has EVER gotten

he'll be a RICH & FAMOUS man if he can get this kinda
mpg from a tuner set up !

WhiteYacht08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

was he TOWING....

Do not know all the details on it, that was just what came from Matt. Ill be testing it to find out. Also ill try to get some more details

stevechie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Poor Mileage

I have left several messages at Spartan with no reply. Are they still in Business? Do the modifications really work or is it a claim to fame by popularity? I am interested to hear from those who have installed it on their superduty. I might be forced to sell because of the poor fuel economy. Nah just kidding.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The folks at Spartan are slammed right now with phone calls, emails, and even people stopping by as the economy on these trucks is a HUGE issue. Be patient, they're really pretty good about getting back with those who call. I know I've talked to them on several occasions and they seem like great people.

As for performance of the product, everyone I've talked to says that the difference is night and day! When I ask about mileage gains, it seems that the general consensus is between 4-5 mpg gained. Some get more, some get a little less, but that's pretty considerable at over $4/gallon. At cruising, if you were to gain 4mpg, you pay for the system in under 15k miles. Since, I drive that in 2 months, I'm on the list as soon as the new tuners come in!

:sweet

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score

was he TOWING....

I agree with bushpilot. 25 MPGs is a bit of a stretch. Going from as low as 8-11 MPGs to 25 MPGs, yeah right!

skyhawk1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well I'm getting (hand calculated) 14.1 to 14.5 MPG on my cc long bed with no mods at all here in the hills of southern WV I've got 21,000 miles on her right now. I think I'm going to wait until about this time next year to do the DPF delete.

skyhawk1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just noticed my avatar picture, that's my old 2000 dually with DP tuner, 5 inch stacks, air horns, etc. God I miss that truck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58