Help Needed Diesel acting funny

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
Ok i am asking for a good friend in need of some help he has a 2002 ford F350 Edge juice w additude 4" exhaust AFE stage II intake and wicked wheel. Ok he was driving in town and was stopping for a red light and all of a sudden he heard a big bang like a tire blowing so he got out and looked nope no tire so started looking for bullet holes nope not that but the problem is it starts just fine fires right up but it dont idle smooth the rpms go up and down and has lost a lot of power and surges when you drive it . I am stumped.:dunno

NORFLA444

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Check all the boost tube boots; my guess is he's still using the stock Ford ones, which can blow out under moderate boost. I would suggest checking one of the sponsors for the upgraded silicone boots and better clamps, which should be available as a set.

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
That is true i will be looking at the truck on sunday and see what i can find out for sure. he had call and explaned it to me over the phone to me. Thanks for the reply i will keep everyone up to date

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check all the boost tube boots; my guess is he's still using the stock Ford ones, which can blow out under moderate boost. I would suggest checking one of the sponsors for the upgraded silicone boots and better clamps, which should be available as a set.

X2:clap:

Doug

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a bad boost leak should not make it idle bad..it should just loose power and smoke..but the bang does sound like one came undone..
IMHO friends don't let friends buy silicone boots..when the silicone softens from oil and/or heat you will need to re tighten..you will need to keep an eye on them and keep up with them till you finally get it so tight you crush the plenums.. tell you friend to spend the extra cash and use dieslesite boots....put them on once and forget about it... http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=133

NORFLA444

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Agreed; I would also have him check all sensors (CPS, ICP, etc). Depending on mileage it may be their time.

I've bought stuff from Dieselsite and have no complaints. That set of boots look top quality and is cheaper than other sites I usually shop.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Whats the diff between those silicone boots and the ones at diesel site?

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quote from there site..

ABOUT OUR BOOTS:

As with all of our DIESELSITE products, these are QUALITY PARTS. We ordered sample upon sample of hose material and clamps until we were satisfied with the quality of the parts and certain of their integrity in our application. Our boots are made of hose that is reinforced with synthetic fabric. It will not kink or collapse. The special synthetic rubber is exceptionally resistant to heat, ozone, gasoline, gasohol, methanol, ethanol and diesel fuel. It can withstand the engine heat and 100psi boost pressure. This is virtually "indestructable" boot material. However, they will not survive a screwdriver through the side of them, so be careful when prying them loose. We don't warranty "screwdriver death" of our boots.

Our boots are Flourolastomer lined to handle oil, heat, etc. They have a 5 ply braided center section, and a textured outer rubber cover to grip on to the clamps. Fluoroelastomers are synthetic, rubber-like materials used in gaskets, O-rings and hoses. Their unique properties make these products ideal for high-performance aerospace and automotive applications or environments that are extremely harsh and challenging.

The most important thing you need to know is this: Silicone hose is NOT compatible with fuel or oil.For those that want the absolute best hoses you can buy, we made the units you see on our web site. These are not cheap silicon hoses. These are top quality tubes that are individually molded. These are not cut sections of some hose length.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg