diesel engine heater

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have questionable cables, good batteries, 4? 5? Year old starter, efuel, new gp's a few years ago (still have a couple burnt pins in the connectors lol), parts store relay a few years ago also (new one went in at time of glowplugs, then it failed next season).
Just over 230k miles. Stock injectors far as I know.
Don't really run fuel additives often. Have ran some oil additives in the past. Pretty good synthetic 15w-40.
But also, if it's below say 50°F, it won't start without the glowplugs. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Where to start? Glow Plugs! Injectors! Change oil to 5W 40 during Winter! That should keep you busy for a while. :)

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where to start? Glow Plugs! Injectors! Change oil to 5W 40 during Winter! That should keep you busy for a while. :)
Actually I may be running 5w-40. Can't remember. I've ran both, but was buying it to change the oil in the jetta when we still had it to do both with the same oil. Lol
Oh, I am running that elf7405 filter.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

carbonation

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
6.7's get a heater depending upon final destination. It's an option otherwise.
You can order the kit off of Amazon, but unless you get North Pole cold, you probably won't need it.
The 6.7 fires up readily under 99% of conditions.
My 6.0 like being plugged in when it closed in on 0 degrees.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new 6.7 started w/o complaint at -10 recently. I'm not sure what the DEF in the tank looked like at that point... but no issues with the start. They have made finding and storing the cord really nice and easy above the passenger side tow hook...completely opposite of my '02 7.3L.

roble1

roble1
Reaction score
In january I backed the truck out of the garage, where it never gets below 50 degrees, so my daughter could park her car inside. We had 8 inches of snow and then the temp dropped to -20 with windchills to -35, it sat outside for a week. It pained me to see my baby covered in snow for the first time, but after the weather improved to 0 degrees and quit snowing, she started right up and I reclaimed my garage stall. I was impressed with how quick it started without an engine heater. My old 6.0 never would have started without being plugged in. I will probably have Ford install a heater anyway just for piece of mind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr