Diesel Kleen

LAF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just purchased two bottles of Power Service Diesel Kleen and Power Service Diesel Fuel Supplement at a Flyin J truck stop. I think someone on here mentioned them awhile back. Both are 32 oz bottles the kleen is gray and the supplement is white. Whats the difference in the 2, are they any good and what ratio should i mix them at? Each bottle says treats 100 gallons. Is one better than the other?
Thanx any help would be appreciated.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I believe the white jug is the winter formula and the grey jug is the performance formula. They both work well and you will notice a difference in performance using either formula. But if you live in a cold climate the white jug will prevent geling in the winter and the grey jug will raise your cetane by upto 6 numbers (if dosed high enough). Hope this helps.

Mike

LAF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanx, how did you mix yours? I live in SW Louisiana cold probally wont make much of a difference here. Oh, i do see the white says prevents gelling on it, i guess for cold weather.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
To be honest with you, when I run PowerService it is always the white bottle, the grey bottle is harder to find around here and the service stations most always have the white bottle for sale. I put in the recommended amount per tank and have always been happy. I have been running Howe's lately, its a little cheaper and again, seems to be more readily available.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I run the grey bottle at almost every tank. I buy the BIG jug a Wally World. I keep the bottle and a funnel in my toolbox and dump "some" in at fill up. It is pure guestimate, but is probably around the upper reccomended amount. Seems to smooth the engine some. Could be pure psycological though :dunno . And yes the white bottle is the winter formula that add anti-gel properties. I have used it, but it rarely gets cold enough for me to worry about it here.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
LAF250 said:
I just purchased two bottles of Power Service Diesel Kleen and Power Service Diesel Fuel Supplement at a Flyin J truck stop. I think someone on here mentioned them awhile back. Both are 32 oz bottles the kleen is gray and the supplement is white. Whats the difference in the 2, are they any good and what ratio should i mix them at? Each bottle says treats 100 gallons. Is one better than the other?
Thanx any help would be appreciated.
LAF we're just next door to ya'll in the Dallas area in similar climate and also use Power Service grey in the summer and white for couple months of winter.
You can use either alone or mix them but the grey bottle seems to be standard issue for our part of the south.

The mix ratio I been sticking with is 8 ounces to 30 gallons which has worked very well. I pick up PS at either Wallyworld or TSC :cowboy:

Bill

LAF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanx for the replies, im gonna add it today.Im going to mix it about half a bottle per tank and see what happens. They sell this at Wal Mart? Never noticed it before there?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Full Description at Power Service's website,they can put it in better words than I can :sweet

LAF the Power Service products will be in the same aisle where all the fuel injector cleaner additives are at Wallyworld's auto section right by the oil,filters and stuff.

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I use about 8 ounces in every other tank(on average). Usually try to fill at 1/4 tank so there is always some PS in there. Actually I'm on my last gallon of Shell DFA right now. I've got about half left. When I found out Shell was discontinuing it I bought up all Wally World had to offer. When this one is gone I will be going back to PS. I have heard that Stanadyne is an excellent product but it's not as available to me as PS. I've also heard that Ford is going to start offering an additive very similar to PS.
One other thing is that on the PS bottle it says it will not void your warranty. That doesn't mean anything. Ford can void your warranty for driving left handed if they want to. Whether it's right or not they have the lawyers and the $.

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I've used stanadyne in years past but it's pretty tough to get from local suppliers so I tried PS and come to find out it gave the same results except for half the cost so I stick with PS :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14