Diesel Kleen

threejacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have started using the PS (Grey Bottle) for the last 1500 miles and it has up my mpg 1 to 1 1/2 mpg. At todays fuel prices it is cost effective as well as performance effective.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Additives to the fuel isnt essential, at 5 years old and 60K miles your truck is a testament to that. The question is are they beneficial? Most will say yes including me. Smoke is less, power is better, idle is smoother and mileage goes up.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I don't know if it is the placebo effect or if it really helps, but my truck "seems" to runs smoother with PS in the tank. I can attest that is does cut down on smoke from the 110 setting of the chip. :dunno

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Oh it will still do that quite well. It just thins the thick cloud a little. :sweet

bad_bad_bubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have thought about using the PS Diesel Kleen for a while but havent heardanything about it. I went ahead and picked up a bottle at Wally World today so I will have it when I fill er up in the morning.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
One of the key things with any fuel treatment is that it contains NO ALCOHOL, and Lucas does NOT contain alcohol. Go for it. Sounds good.

Dave

threejacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has any one noticed the change in label on the Diesel Kleen bottles, both grey and white bottles? I noticed it at a Pilot Truck Stop yesterday and I went to Walmart today and their new bottles had the same thing. Near the bottom of the label "with Slick Diesel" has been added. Has it always been in Diesel Kleen with out being mentioned or is it a change in the formula? I have had good results with this product.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
threejacks said:
Has any one noticed the change in label on the Diesel Kleen bottles, both grey and white bottles? I noticed it at a Pilot Truck Stop yesterday and I went to Walmart today and their new bottles had the same thing. Near the bottom of the label "with Slick Diesel" has been added. Has it always been in Diesel Kleen with out being mentioned or is it a change in the formula? I have had good results with this product.
Just pulled this off Power Service' website;
Contains Slickdiesel® for maximum fuel lubrication - protects fuel injectors and pumps against accelerated wear from Low and Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuels
I'll assume ULSD is whats used in California now.

threejacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Just pulled this off Power Service' website;

I'll assume ULSD is whats used in California now.
I looked at this site also, but still was not sure if it has always been there, or is it a new formula? It is still the same price as the old label.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I'm going on a limb and saying it was always "in there" but this is new marketing to the people using ULSD and the fear of too little lubrication. I could be wrong, but that is my guess. :dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14