Diesel Resistant Paint

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Alright paint experts, I've got two Dahl Diesel filters off Ebay that were used in marine duty that I am rebuilding and the paint is flaking. So I need a paint that is readily available in spray cans (no mixing and spray guns) that will stand up to limitied exposure to diesel but constant exposure to the under truck enviroment and is compatible with aluminum. So what are your reccomendations?

Also if anyone wants a Dahl there is a new one on Ebay now. It is a Marine version with the heat shield, but it could be removed. Here is a link to it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8006994251&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Bedliner would be too thick. I was thinking a Lacquer as I think it is resistant to alot of stuff. It does not have to be like armor, cause unless I spill during filter changes it should not see much fuel.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Fire1 said:
Bed liner would be too thick. I was thinking a Lacquer as I think it is resistant to a lot of stuff. It does not have to be like armor, cause unless I spill during filter changes it should not see much fuel.

the stuff they call bed liner is very very thin comparatively to the real stuff. I have parts of my headache rack sprayed with it if you would like to see the thickness. Bryan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14