Dieselsite 6-Position

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
Anyone tried the Dieselsite 6-position chip? I was thinking of ordering it and some gauges. Any other chips recommended? I am looking for a bit of a performance/mileage increase but nothing crazy. Engine logevity is more important to me.

jlayne

Paint Sniffer
Reaction score
if your not wanting to get too crazy have you thought about a tunner, most people like those and you can use it to read trouble codes.. installation is easier to

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
jlayne said:
if your not wanting to get too crazy have you thought about a tunner, most people like those and you can use it to read trouble codes.. installation is easier to

Yes, I have thought of that but I like the idea of being able to change the power setting on the fly. Also, I have a friend with a Hypermax programmer and he is not all that happy with it so that has soured my opinion a bit. I had thought the chip gave more power but it appears the Predator is the same price and can add the same ammount of power. I do like the ability to read codes but I was thinking of getting an AutoTap for that. I guess the big question here is do those of you with multi-position chips actually change positions or do you leave it in on setting all of the time? I was thinking I would use it on high in town to be a stop light superstar and then turn it down to normal for the highway.

jlayne

Paint Sniffer
Reaction score
if you do go with a tunner find a edge (my fav.) or SCMT, i have ran both of these and they made great power... the diablo is ok but i have heard it runs way hotter EGT's than the others... i'm not a big fan of hypertech, i have heard A LOT of complaints about them

but there are some great chip programs out there i'm sure you would be happy with them to

morepower02

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Reno. The price is very good. I am not sure who is doing Bob's tunning on the chips he sells. I would find that out before buying. I have ran alot of different chips in my truck and have likes and dislikes with different chip tunes. TS is always a good bet and David at Diesel Innovations is now tuning his own programs that are :sweet

Last edited:

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
Don't know about the chips but I can tell you that Bob is a top notch guy. He has helped me on a lot on tech problems. Usually for no financial gain of his own. I have a number of his products and they all have been good quality.

FWIW,

Tom

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
As far as changing positions, I have a four position chip-Heavy Tow, Tow, Race, Extreme. I generally run around in Race. The Extreme program makes a LOT of smoke. So I just use it when the situation is right. Like previously posted, find out who is doing the programing and let us know. From the dyno results I have seen, tunning is huge.

Scott

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg