Dipstick!

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While changing my oil this weekend I noticed the plastic is broken off just under the T-handle on the dipstick. I've checked the oil a few times since I got it in early December but apparently didn't notice this. Has anyone else had the same problem with the 6.0L dipstick? Just curious if it's another one of those things that commonly break and if the OEM replacement is likely to do the same thing. :dunno

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine is cracked a bit, I am just careful with it. It doesn't affect the seal and it is all still there. It is probally fairly common cause is it so long and "just" out of reach, I am sure it gets banged when the stick goes into the tube. I just make sure it is where it need so be before I seat the dipstick.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
mine too is broke in the same fashion. noticed it about 3 weeks ago when we had a real real cold snap and batts died. popped hood to boost jump and that was the first thing my eyes were drawn too. it looks like the plastic literally just exploded (expanded) around the dipstick shaft(where the dipped it in the plastic)....

gotta get that replaced sometime here as well. if it is not one thing it is another...for me lately anyway

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58