Dish Network Problem

Max Power

Reaction score
Yes all transpoders will be different. I am willing to bet its an alignment issue.

Either side of the LNB will pick up either satellite. Go up on the roof with someone in the house wathing the TV. Cover the LNB with you hand that is supposed to be 119 (should be marked on the plastic Y) and make sure the signal drops off when you cover it. You could be picking up the satellite with the wrong side of the LNB in which case the dish is 20% off alignment. Also make sure there are no trees that could be blocking it.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
There'll be varying signal levels on each transponder as the satellite will say use lower power for the locals when the premo channels like Discovery,Home Box,etc get more power(or higher bitrate) for better video quality.

There's 14 KU band birds between 101* & 123*(including the 110/119) so your Dish could be picking up any of them but not necessarily producing video which is why alignment is a key issue.

Possible to put in a service call to the Dish contractor that did the initial install as that's what I'd do at this point.

My head would be on a pole if my kids didn't get their Noggin & Nick GaS :p

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
The Dish guy is going to be here tomorrow. He said it did not sound like a alignment problem to him and said he would not even tell them I moved it so it would be a free service call. We will see how it turns out.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
RenoF250 said:
The Dish guy is going to be here tomorrow. He said it did not sound like a alignment problem to him and said he would not even tell them I moved it so it would be a free service call. We will see how it turns out.
Right on let us know how it goes,don't forget to offer the tech a cup of coffee or a Coke for his time,that sometimes wins em over(well it did for me when I did C band calls) :sweet

ArlieEdwards

Arlie
Reaction score
Last Summer I began having trouble picking up one of the birds. I looked for branches, alignment, this went on for hours. I finally set a ladder and was looking all over the dish for any bad connections. It was a little dark, but finally I bent over far enough to look directly at the face of the LNB. There I saw a grasshopper calmly sitting on it. A flick of the finger solved the problem.

:dunno

Arlie

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
I wish that had been my problem. The Dish guy came and said that it was due to the location and that a tree on the left was blocking it. I could not believe it since that tree was way to the left of where the Dish was pointing but he insisted that that was where 110 was. I moved it back to the front of the house and now it works fine. I thought he was wrong for awhile because I was having the same symptoms on the front of the house, turns out you have to run a check switch test to get it to actually look at 110 after it has lost it.

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
Now I have moved it to the other side of the back of the house (The Dish guy said if it was going to work on that back it would be over there) and it seems to be working good. I know they were looking up much higher than it appear but it seems they are also looking to the left quite a bit.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14