DIY Injector Teardown/Assembly for the Hardy (or is it foolhardy)

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
That is a great link:thumbs

There is reference to a "Part 4, Injector Machining"
Wonder if that was ever made or if it is still available out there in cyberspace somewhere.

Crumm: I have several misc pages that I'll convert to the Wiki when it's available...

Rich: got any 240cc injectors? :D
That seems like a good way to go, especially if you could find a source of cheap ones. 8 of those new gets expensive, tho not much worse than what the injector guys charge for an equivelant mod...

Don

Dieselfever

Cummins Monkey
Reaction score
JOAT said:
There is reference to a "Part 4, Injector Machining"
Wonder if that was ever made or if it is still available out there in cyberspace somewhere.
I would think that It isn't out, seein as DIY injector upgrades would cut in to Swamp sales:dunno

-Michael

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Well, I tore #3 injector down today for an inspection after 8k on WVO. I'll post pics in the bio/alt forum later. Just wanted to mention I got the injector back together, and it runs (we'll see for how long:p )

I rigged up an assembly press and it worked great, 0 dollars out of pocket. Haven't added it to my page yet so SDD gets the sneak preview-popcorn

I simply used a drill press, with a cheap xacto handle for the pilot. With the blade holder out of the handle there is a hollow area that sits over the outside of the injector nozzle. Just slide the cap up ove the xacto handle, position the assemble injector under, slide the spacer sleeve up so it aligns as you press down, and guide the barrel into position. Screw the cap down snug while holding the assembly firmly together. Helps to have an extra hand.

00-assebleindrillpress.jpg

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Good job JOAT, youre going to school us all up in injector rebuilds right here in the comfort of our own homes.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
JOAT said:
Awesome:thumbs

BTW, can I make a pic clickable to go to a bigger pic???
Could upload the larger photos as attachments in your posts but the jpg. filesize limit is 195.3 KB

I make a motion to add your fantastic rebuild article to the Wiki-2,of course with your permission:notworthy :tu:

Bill :cowboy:

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Good job JOAT, youre going to school us all up in injector rebuilds right here in the comfort of our own homes.

I figured somebody needed to at least show the basics of it, and now that I realize how simple they are I wish I'd tried it sooner. Everyone else stopped sharing info as soon as they found they could make a buck (not that there's anything wrong with that). I don't feel any need to do it for a living, I just like being able to do reasonably simple things myself, and always happy to share...

Of course now I have to think about ways to check tolerences in the tight spaces. Maybe some kind of go-nogo gauges like for rifle chambers? Theres a marketing idea for someone with a machine shop...

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
I make a motion to add your fantastic rebuild article to the Wiki-2,of course with your permission:notworthy :tu:

Bill :cowboy:

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! The Wiki is up:thumbs

I have some finishing to do, then it can go on the Wiki. BTW can I upload to it myself or do I need to go thru the ordained. I have several other things written up or in progress as well....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr