DO I NEED AIC ON 6.0???

Shadow_Grey

Comfortably Numb
Reaction score
Greatest Nation on Earth! You don't like it, LEAVE
In the morning if I start the truck up with the key or by remote and let it idle for about 1-2 minutes it will increase the RPMs on its own to about 1100. Always did it from day one. When I step on the brake it drops and I'm ready to go. I also hooked the PTO wire up for the 1200 rpm idle to an outfitter switch but rarely use it as I'm too lazy to set the parking brake the night before.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Shadow_Grey said:
In the morning if I start the truck up with the key or by remote and let it idle for about 1-2 minutes it will increase the RPMs on its own to about 1100. Always did it from day one. When I step on the brake it drops and I'm ready to go. I also hooked the PTO wire up for the 1200 rpm idle to an outfitter switch but rarely use it as I'm too lazy to set the parking brake the night before.

hey shadow, just wondering. so your truck will automatically idle upto 1100 rpms without any help in doing so? i know mine would increase to around 750 at the most after a few minutes.

never heard of one that jumps up that much, very interesting.

what do you run off of the PTO option?

:thanks

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the auto idle increase occurs when outside temps fall below some
particular number...

i remember reading about it somewhere...45* seems to stick in my
mind but im not certain...i know mine did it the other morning here
when it was in the 30s

and it used to do it (more) when i lived in virginia

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
Shadow_Grey said:
In the morning if I start the truck up with the key or by remote and let it idle for about 1-2 minutes it will increase the RPMs on its own to about 1100. Always did it from day one. When I step on the brake it drops and I'm ready to go.

i can ditto this. however, since i have had a couple of 'flashes' that the idle does not ramp up as high as it did originally.

i don't have remote either..

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
It all depends on the outside temps. Mine if it is about 35 to 45 it will only ramp up to about 850 but below that 1100 rpms after about a minute of normal idle.
It pisses my cranky neibor off. I love it!!!! I leave the house every morning at 3 am. You can not hardly hear it inside the house at normal but when it kicks on you can. About an hour after I leave my other neibor (ALLTENINCHES, a member here) cranks his superduty up with a gutted cat and his is a lot louder being a foot and a half taller. :roflmao :roflmao

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
05 06 and 07 already have it wired in teh ecm/pcm just hok up the upfitters and viola you got charge protect or 1200 with a tc locked up

add a resistor and you can adjust the rpm bewteen 1200 and 4000 :D :D
yep the scream is awesome at the tailpipe in bcp. zooooooom
oh and mine will idle up to 900-1100 depending on outside temps if you leave her alone to long :tounge :tounge :tounge :tounge :eek:

and its rumored the 08 twin turbo 6.4 will be equipped with an output stack to bleed off boost at selected AIC rpms, so you just hook up the hose and BAM we got a leaf blower

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
05 06 and 07 already have it wired in teh ecm/pcm just hok up the upfitters and viola you got charge protect or 1200 with a tc locked up

add a resistor and you can adjust the rpm bewteen 1200 and 4000 :D :D
yep the scream is awesome at the tailpipe in bcp. zooooooom
oh and mine will idle up to 900-1100 depending on outside temps if you leave her alone to long :tounge :tounge :tounge :tounge :eek:

and its rumored the 08 twin turbo 6.4 will be equipped with an output stack to bleed off boost at selected AIC rpms, so you just hook up the hose and BAM we got a leaf blower

great info robert, i wasn't aware that you could do that. man, i wish they came out with the upfitters in '04

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
another member asked me a question about an AIC.

i found this one on ebay, it says for a 7.3, but i think it would work on the 6.0's.

the member has an 2007, will it work?

AIC on ebay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl