Don't think this guy knows!!

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok this is one that I had to post. Today got a call from my dad he is wanting to start doing some up grades on his truck. He is looking for more power and getting some better fuel mileage. Well he stopped in to some aftermarket shop and was talking to one of the guys behind the counter. The kid behind the counter was trying to sell him a Bullydog pack. He said that it would offer an extra 162 hp and I forget the tq. But the kid said that they could plug it into his truck and drive off and it would be fine. Now this truck is completely stock it still has the stock air filter. He asked the kid about an intake and exhaust if that would help any. The kid said that it is not nessesary to have that stuff on your truck it is all for looks.:eek: :eek: My dad said that it didn't sound right so that is why he called me. Now this is one of the systems that you plug in change the setting and then unplug it. No readings of anything that is going on with the truck. He said that you didn't need gauges, they were just for looks. What an idiot.:doh: :doh: Well I have my dad talked in to letting me buy the parts and install them. Sweet:thumbs :thumbs I wish I could find out were he went and go in and tell that kid he needs to stop talking to people if he doesn't know what he is talking about. And then poor black smoke on his import when I leave the parking lot.:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

jd87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be the kid that works at my local NAPA. :lmao

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there have been several tests done on the stock airfilter...and its been
proven that it can flows more than the engine consumes...even using
tuners.

the thing that you have to be REALLY careful of is the blade edges of
the turbine/compressor wheel...a filter that does NOT trap as much dirt
will pass the sand & dust thru to the turbine...

no tuners should EVER be run w/out proper monitoring...at the same time
there are some (quadzilla) that at least claim to use factory diagnostics
for monitoring....infact quad wont let you hammer the truck at full hp
until EVERYTHING is up to temp.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AGREE 1000% - the stock filter is fine...
Also think you should get a beter flowing exhaust ,
and third I go against convention in that 90 % of the people that mod their truck like I do and have gauges have proven to me that I don't NEED gauges...

for ME, they are in the nice to have category because my use will NEVER exceed the threshold of danger....

NOW, if I were pulling 10K trailers up that west I-40 grade outta Alb. New Mexico in August, then I would consider gauges, but I don't, so I don't need em :)

And promise, I'm not an idiot :)

all of my deezles have run fine when I traded em....

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin, does your dad live near you? Yes I would fine out about this kid.
I am sold on gauges and exhaust, and if it is a 6.0 I would stay stock on the air filter.
I like my 6.0 stock for now. Truck will get some toys after 100,000 miles If I keep it that long. I am real pleased with the power it has to pull my fifth wheel.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad lives about 30 minutes from me. In fact he stopped at store in Tomball. Bush!!!! But don't know what the store was. Just wanted to let ya'll know they are out there. (OMB) Open Mouth Breathers :roflmao :roflmao . Another thing, it seems here lately that I am having to put people in their place-mad -mad when it comes to diesels and the power that they can make. I had to guy last night argue:watchout :watchout with my that diesels are slow oil burns and that they do not run as fast as I say. It makes me crazy when they try to put me down and I that I don't know what I am talking about. Then even thought I don't have much done to the truck I take'em for a ride in mine or my buddies truck. He is about 500hp ford dually. I like their face when they get out. :eek: :eek: :eek: Priceless. Makes my wife want me to add more hp to my truck so that we can shut them up. I stand proud for Diesels and espically PSD. :tex :usa :usa Sorry bout that, just showing ya'll the retired military in me. :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

Super 05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THe Edge Platinum also has the feature that will hold the power back until all temps are up.Is a great feature to have.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Justin, remember that not everyone is blessed with the power of diesel, some do not wish to know the power, some fear the power, some wish to be ignorant in the face of evidence that proves their assumptions wrong. I have no one to impress but me. The truck speaks for itself. I always get compliments. And the truck pulls my new fiver like it wasn't there.

The only things I want to change on my truck are the addition of an EGT sensor and gauge, transmission and differential temp gauges, and a reliable boost gauge. The glorified idiot lights that are the factory gauges are the only negative I have concerning "the Beast".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58