doodad mod works

Fandini

Binford 6100 Owner
Reaction score
Does this mod really do anything positive on a stock truck, no BS now tell the truth. I know you guys like it but any performance or milage improvements?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
all i can say is "why did i not do this sooner'?

my second tank w/ out having to put the covers on cuz it has been raining here lots, my mileage jumped to 412.2 per tank full of 29.743 gallons which equates to 13.859 mpg...:eek::sweet

i have never seen those numbers... now what would i get if i had an exhaust and tuner on???

Free up the breathing [air-cleaner] and go with a turbo-back [no kitty] exhaust and it will do better. What mods have you done? What gear ratio you have? Honestly, I can do 11-12 towing. The mileage your seeing seems pretty low.

Fandini

Binford 6100 Owner
Reaction score
Are you saying that you do see measurable results on a stock truck? My average milage seems to be getting worse and worse, down to about 10.5 miles per gallon after cleaning and reflashing turbo so looking for an edge. What about the rain, do you have to worry about water getting in?

Last edited:

Fandini

Binford 6100 Owner
Reaction score
No problems driving at interstate speeds in a hard rain? What about milage improvements on a stock truck?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
No, no problems on the interstate in a hard rain.

As for your second question, Dan (red) who started this thread has a stock truck and he gave us the mileage improvements after he did the Zoodad.

I wouldn't think about this one to hard, don't make it more difficult than it's really not.

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My average milage seems to be getting worse and worse, down to about 10.5 miles per gallon.....

I would think that at this point(your economy going down, fuel prices going up) you have nothing to lose..Try the ZOODAD and then tell us how it works. A lot of the folks using this forum have done it already...and for good reason. :D

Fandini

Binford 6100 Owner
Reaction score
Just like to get good input before modifying anything. Too many times have I spent money, made modifications, bought a different more expensive part, only to see NO difference. That's why after years of "Put a K&N on it," or "put an aftermarket dual exaust on it and it will improve your milage," and seeing no difference that I have to left my truck stock unless I have GOOD proof of benefits. Sorry if I seem to be beating a dead horse, but I just wanted to know from people that have already done this to their truck what kind of results they had seen. I understand the theory behind the mod, I just want to know if it really works like it is supposed to. I don't trust the guys selling the product, I want to talk to the guy who has tried or is using the product, like you guys. Thanks for your input guys!:)

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
There's not really a "product" for sell when it comes to the Zoodad.

It's a truely a low budget mod, that doesn't have to cost a thing if you just cut a hole in front of the intake.

Some of us have just taken it to the next level and dressed up the hole alittle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg