Door Ajar Light Problem?

Limishowman3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok, this problem has been ongoing for about 3 years now, not a real big one, but just gets annoying. My door ajar light will come on and stay on saying one of my doors is not closed all the way. Well I will get out of my truck slam all my doors and still it says door ajar. Light will turn off in the cab after going 15mph. But will turn back on will speeds dips below 15mph. It sometimes will be like this for a couple of days and then goes away. It seems to happen when someone opens my back door. Now when I have taken my truck to the shop, the problem never happens, so they say they can't tell what is wrong with the sensors or the problem. Any of y'all had this problem? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
well, probably the door switch in one of the back doors..

they're screwed into the underside of the latch inside the door, and are prone to stick.

you could hose the latches down with WD40 untill you're SURE you got some into the switches, or just replace them.. they're only like $18.

drepka

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
locks

Same prob here and some silicone spray fixed it right up, have to spray PLENTY though! ;tu

treyloco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I have the same problem or not. But my dome lights do not always come on when I open my door.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg