Door Ajar Light

Chester

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am having a problem with the door ajar light coming on on my 2002 f/250. Also the radio stays on and power windows continue to work after ignition is off and any door is opened. Just wondering if any of you have run into this problem.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Radio staying on, Windows still operational, .. A: Gem Module B:Ignitions switch, and or connections. Ignition Switch is free to check, look for chaffed wires in the column particularly if you have "tilt" wheel.

tooletime

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I too have the same problem. radio stays on, door ajar lights stays on and the dome light does NOT come on.

ive tried the wd40, the violet wire thing and to no avail.

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
This is a post of mine from a few months ago:
"On my 2000 F-250, I just found a spot where rain was leaking inside my truck and dripping directly onto my GEM module and fuse block. I found my fuse block to contain rust/corrosion inside. A few days ago I took apart the fuse block (one layer at a time) and bead blasted it to clean up all the rust. The rust caused my interior relay to chatter off & on for a few months before the relay gave out. I also sprayed rattle can clear coat on the tracks to keep rust from coming back. I also noticed that when I reinstalled the two wire harnesses that some of the wires had not seated (I pulled the black covers off the wire harnesses to see this). I had to take a small pair of pliers to each wire that didn't seat. Now that the fuse block is clean inside and a new relay is installed, everything works great!!!"
Before I fixed this problem, water could leak inside the truck and cause all electrical stuff to turn on without the key in the ignition. The dome light would not shut off, the radio and blower motor ran with no key!! But this fix I did solved the problem for good!!
Drew

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58