Door Ajar Light

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
The door Ajar Light stays on all the time. I've opened and closed all doors and rear hatch several times.

Any suggestions B-4 I disconnect the batteries?

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
The door Ajar Light stays on all the time. I've opened and closed all doors and rear hatch several times.

Any suggestions B-4 I disconnect the batteries?

Have you tried the ol' WD-40 trick to all the latch areas?

In the Superduties this seems to work always... the Excursions on the other hand I have heard need new parts...

But try the WD trick... spray all the latch mechanisms real good then open and close the door several times... that should fix ya.

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
Well the WD40 trick is a no go. I thought I could live with the little light in my dash, but the radio doesn't turn off when I open my door like it used to and since I'm on the phone a lot I use the mute feature and am afraid I will forget to turn off the radio when I shut down the truck. Plus I think there is a problem with the dome lights becuase of this also.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks.
Jamie

Last edited:

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Are you spraying in the hole where the little arm comes out the front of the door? Does that make any sense?

Scott

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Our Expidition's door ajar light comes on, but only when the back hatch isnt closed properly. It would be nice if you could pinpoint which one is giving you the fits, then maybe you could take the switch apart and clean the contacts?

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
sagebel,
I'm spraying it in the latching mechanism where the door lacthches to the square ring on the door frame .

95 stroker,
I'm pretty sure its the driver door since the radio doesn't turn off when I open it anymore.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I thought the switch was on the little arm on the front side of the door just below the wire run boot.

Scott

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14