Door Ajar Light

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I'm not sure where it is but all is well in my world now. As it turns out when I was taking the door panel off I noticed the little light in the door came on so I closed the door started it up and no more warning light. I guess the combo of WD40, PB Blaster, and screwing with the door panel finally freed up the switch.

Thanks to all, it is very much appreciated.
Jamie

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
sagebel said:
I thought the switch was on the little arm on the front side of the door just below the wire run boot.

Scott
Nope... The switch it in the latch mechanism.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
I guess the combo of WD40, PB Blaster, and screwing with the door panel finally freed up the switch.
I told you more WD would do it :sweet The darn things can be a little stubborn sometimes.

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Crumm said:
I told you more WD would do it :sweet The darn things can be a little stubborn sometimes.

FWIW, my door ajar light stayed on tonight....read all these posts, WD40'd the crap out of the door latches....no more door ajar light. Guess it works on X's too!:thumbs

Kelly Hancock

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
Does anyone have the part # for that switch?
I did this to mine last year. Mine was just the opposite. The light would not come on when th door was open. I had to replace the switch. Pretty easy to do. The door panel comes up and off and you are able to reach up in there and take out the switch. In order to do that you have to push up and turn. There are little notches if you will the hold it in. The part number I purchased is this. XF1Z 10B987 AA This is what is printed on my receipt. It cost me 11.55. Hope that helps.

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 98 did it all the time, I had to do the WD thing probably around 2-4 times and then it finally quit!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Your 98' what? There was not a 98' Superduty or any 98' PSD for that matter. They went from the OBS 94-97 style to the 99' Superduty :doh:

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
My 2000 X just started doing this. I also started to hear a rattle when I closed one of the passenger doors. I pulled the panel and found the bottom bolt was loose. Tightened it up... Golden! :)

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crumm said:
Your 98' what? There was not a 98' Superduty or any 98' PSD for that matter. They went from the OBS 94-97 style to the 99' Superduty :doh:
Ooops sorry about that, my 98 F-150

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14