DP tuner VS Six gun

twt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a Banks 6 gun now that I run in # 2 position. I get about 14 - 15 mpg, not pushing it. What can I expect (real world) if I change to the DP tuner? I would like to hear from 7.3 owners. My truck has 145k on it & I have never gotten better than 16 mpg. At $4.00+ a gallon it is getting expensive to drive. Thanks for the info. Tony:dog

dpantazis

Reaction score
twt-

depends on you truck. 2wd? 4wd? reg cab? long bed?

i can not comment on the banks, only the DP tuner. i 'researched' long and hard before buying chip before i decided on DP tuner. my 2000 SC LB 4x4 toppered truck gets 18-20 unloaded on the highway if i keep it around 1700-1800 rpms, running jody's 80hp econo tunes. city is 14-16.

JRJ04

Reaction score
you should get better from the dp tuner because it is custom tuned for your truck. banks is just a generic program that does not specifically apply to your rig.

Diezel Dawg

vvv Real NW Truck
Reaction score
you should get better from the dp tuner because it is custom tuned for your truck. banks is just a generic program that does not specifically apply to your rig.

I second this! dump the Banks and get Dp-Tuner, u will not be disappointed

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Isn't that Banks thing the one that hooks into the ICP to fool the PCM? If so, I'd ditch the b1tch and get a DP-Tuner

twt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info I will call about a DP tuner today. Anyone want to make a bid on a Banks 6 gun??:clap:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg