Dpf delete excessively high boost levels

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've got another concern im not sure if it could me dpf-r module related or it is the problem is i've noticed over these past few weeks higher boost levels at low speeds for example 10psi @ 25 mph on a flat street 45mph @ 19psi and im not hammering on the pedal im runing no programmer @ the moment b/c of this concern i've got an S&B intake stock downpipe to the 4" dpf/cat delete pipe supplied by H&S Performance running into 3feet of 5" pipe dumped out before the rear tire . i've read on your DPF-R web page this ................
" You will notice that the truck has a little more power and torque and maybe a little more responsive on the throttle. These are normal functions of the factory stock programming in the truck. Given a perfect filter is emulated, and given that there is an ability to breath the truck will tune it’s self to a peak performance as far as the manufacture has designed it to. "

i noticed more response not to much torque , now could the truck be doing to much breathing ? im not sure if the wastegate on this truck is electronic or can be manual adjusted by hand , but i cant think of any other reason why my trucks building so much pressure without heavy aceleration i dont even wanna put a load on the vehicle im afraid i may damage something i dont want my truck to take a digger @ 16k if someone could help out or direct me to the right path i would really appriciate it -john-

mick1955

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I think I would get rid of it and go with Spartan. All the power you would ever need. Boost running 65 with my 4.10 rear end around 8-10. That's running the 275 hp tune.

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea see i was gonna go with that donna from spartan called me but i disreguarded the message i had one concern getting the Phalanx Flash Console 275 tune, cuz i recently had problems with my ppe programmer reinstall after i got my truck reflashed for the dpf but then rid of it shortly after and couldnt put bak the programmer back on they attempted 2 times now but cant figure it out on my truck did you install your delete after getting that reflash recall by ford cuz i have a feelin if i order the spartan its not gonna install on my ride then i gotta send it back and wait a 2 weeks to get it back or something .

Last edited:

mick1955

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yea see i was gonna go with that donna from spartan called me but i disreguarded the message i had one concern getting the Phalanx Flash Console 275 tune, cuz i recently had problems with my ppe programmer reinstall after i got my truck reflashed for the dpf but then rid of it shortly after and couldnt put bak the programmer back on they attempted 2 times now but cant figure it out on my truck did you install your delete after getting that reflash recall by ford cuz i have a feelin if i order the spartan its not gonna install on my ride then i gotta send it back and wait a 2 weeks to get it back or something .

My dually has never been in the shop!!! My wife's truck was in for a vibration problem, and they did reflash it. I sent the new strategy code in to Nutty and he said I was good to go. Had no problems at all loading the tunes.

I can say one thing for sure. Would not want to drive my truck stock ever again. Every time I have to drive the wife's truck with the 210 tune I'm ready to get out of it and back into mine mine. There is just too much difference between the 210 and the 275 tune. The 210 runs good, but not compared to the 275. Kinda like getting out of a Mustang GT and then driving a VW....

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im towing 7k @ the hitch and my rig gets up to 35psi almost @ max something doesnt seem right if i go heavier which i eventually i will just a matter of time and money for a new trailer i feel like ill be at 40psi all the time then my motor goes thats no good unless i go 5th wheel will that make a difference mick ?

mick1955

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
John - Wish I could offer some solid advice, but I would hate to tell you something that I just don't know. Here's a copy of a post from December that I posted on the Spartan Forum:

I just pulled 21,000 with the 210 tune. Truck had plenty of power. Outside temp 65 degrees. Egt's running 60-65 were high, 1000-1100 and sometimes climbing small hills hit 1200. Soon as I slowed, would get it down between 1000-1100. Boost at same speed was 34-36, but and as high 45 while I was trying to get up to speed. Highest I saw EOT was 221, and ECT was 212. Mileage on first tank was an amazing 5.7, and it got even worst when I started running 65 with the second tank, which came out to be 4.9. Next time, guess I'll try the 150 tune.

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know what mick i think once i put bak on my programmer which will throw this boost levels high constantly ill invest in a adjustable wastegate solenoid from snowperformance thats the only thing i can think of its already out for the 6.4L that should solve the prob huh ........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58