dpf removal & exhaust

HoustonRider

where are my KINGS?
Reaction score
What kind of set up are you running? Intake or any other type of mods? I saw you were getting 17mpg.

Spartan controller, DPF/CAT delete pipe. Thats it. everything else is stock/OEM/original equipment/factory.

TASKFORCERANGER506

TASKFORCERANGER506
Reaction score
Dealer Warning

I was told by my Dealer that's it's a Felony to remove this unit. I checked with DPS and they said yes if you are pulled over by a Texas Inspection Trooper he will impound your truck and take you to the cleaners.

JEllison

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It may be a felony for a dealership to remove a dpf on a customers vehicle but I bet a individual receiving a felony charge for removing a dpf on their personal vehicle is highly unlikely. I have never heard of anybody getting their truck impounded & taken to the cleaners for not having a dpf. If anybody has, please let me know & I'll eat my words:)

Back in Dec 09 when I first purchased my truck I was interested in purchasing a programmer & exhaust. I started reading several different forums & asking around at local shops about the legalality of removing the dpf & the longevity affects a tuner would have on my motor & trans. Everybody who was "ingnorant" about this advised against it & had me reconsidering doing any of these mods. I decided to do it anyways & never regreted it. My truck runs better now with the dpf removed & gets way better fuel mileage. I've been running a programmer & exhaust for the past 7 months & currently average 22 mpg. 20 mpg pulling a gooseneck trailer. Here is the combination I'm running & it works great!

H&S Black Maxx Race Tuner-I chose this tuner over Spartan's b/c it's shift on the fly & you don't have to purchase a couple hundred dollars on exhaust sensors, which are just "bandaids" that you don't even need but have to have to make the Spartan Tuner work correctly.

4" Flo Pro Downpipe-Back DPF Delete w/Twister Race Muffler

AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
20 mpg pulling a goose neck trailer? I highly doubt it. Even with all of your stuff removed and tuned.

Dave

JEllison

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought, so I hand calculated it on a 3.5 hour trip to Oklahoma City & that's what it was getting. I run a 60hp tune while pulling a trailer & 160hp tune the rest of the time. Ive been averaging this for the past 7 months.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58