Question dpf removal

guntecf450

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
dpf delete

I work in a machine shop if I was to build a copy of the dpf out of S-steel with the senser holes tapped in and replace it with the real dpf and get the delete program for my SCT live wire it should work?

David

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work in a machine shop if I was to build a copy of the dpf out of S-steel with the senser holes tapped in and replace it with the real dpf and get the delete program for my SCT live wire it should work?

David

Hmm, now that is an interesting concept.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score

David

Yes. There's a web site "down the street" where a member did just that, and is now selling the pipes. If you can build it with the bungs, and get a programmer with DPF delete, it should work.

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there was a great thread on another website, this guy took his truck that he barely owned for a few months and just cut it off. He had no problems until it went into regen and it would never come out, he went as far as applying external heat to the sensors to fake them out, no luck. If I remember right, his idea and truck were the pilot to the tuners out now, i'm so tempted to do it for 1500, with a new baby, cant really justify swinging that money now...remember christmas is right around the corner.

mick1955

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, first and foremost, Ford says no modifications!!! That's if you get caught. I didn't purchase the tuner for the power. I got it to help with the poor fuel economy this thing gets. Yes I do have a 4.10 rear-end and we all know that hurts a lot. Before the tuner, 10.8 city, 12 on the highway at 2000rpm. With tuner, , I get between 13.2-13.7 in the city, and 15 -15.7 on the highway, but that's with the 250 Spartan tune. Didn't purchase the truck for mileage, but every bit helps!!! By the way, with the 210, or 250 tune the truck runs awesome......

skyhawk1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Here's something to ponder... My truck has had black sooty tailpipes since day 1 (I have almost 30K now). It also will leave a trail of black smoke when I punch it. I havn't had a regen (that I have noticed) since back last winter. I had the newest flash done over a month ago (it's supposed to tell me when I have a regen now) and I've ran at least 6 tanks of fuel through it since then and still no sign of a regen. I know that my DPF must have a crack in it but my question is this. If the truck hasn't done a regen in x amount of time, then shouldn't it automatically do one? My truck runs great, no CEL's, I get an average of around 14-15 MPG and it is completely stock.

brokedown logger

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
dpf delete

i tried to just remove filter didnt work it was in regen all the time so what everyone else has said is true you must get a programmer to stop the regen then you can delete the filter i got the sctlivewire and the 4 inch turbo back with the dpf delete works great

guntecf450

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Its done

I have instaled the dpf delete pipe I made and got the tune from SCT and been running it for 2 weeks. Happy to say was getting 578km to a tank now getting 750km to a tank and runs like a top

David 450

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58