Question Driving Tips for Towing and MPG

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been such a die hard gear rower for so long I just don't want to goof anything up. Thanks for all of the help.

I was in the Same Boat. Never owned a Pick-Up with an Automatic, until this 012. Took me awhile... but I've learned to like it.. ALOT. It's Push'n a button.. instead of Clutch'n.. but the shifts are strong, and the splits are good.. still under our control too. I still find myself Reach'n/Grab'n for the Hand Shaker though.... Now & Then. :dunno

Especaily back'n up.. I still wana pull it outa reverse'n shove it inta first ?? :lmao

Joe

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
my 06 with cc 4:30 rear gears..it liked turning high rpms, pulling the fiver and grossed at a tad under 23k all hooked up, i was able to squeeze 12.5 mpg at 68 to 70 mph

empty i saw 13-14
used t/h with every trailer, this was before the new engines with the engine brake.

troutwest66

6.0- The Dark Side!
Reaction score
I still find myself Reach'n/Grab'n for the Hand Shaker though.... Now & Then. :dunno

Especaily back'n up.. I still wana pull it outa reverse'n shove it inta first ?? :lmao

Joe

Father's Day we went up in the woods for a short hike and turning around at the saddle I reached for the shifter and my foot was searching for the clutch twice! Hadn't done it since I bought it in March. Done it several times since then too. Laugh and shake my head. I go into auto pilot mode and 30+ years of driving kicks in!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jus' did it again yesterday.. hooking up to a Bob-Cat trailer. Don't know if I'll ever get completely use to shifting R to D, verses.. Reverse to First.. with the Clutch.

Old Habits ARE.. Hard to Break ?

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr