DRW tires and wheels, 22.5, 22 or 24? Super single?

tire and rim combo

• Stick with swampers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • big rig kit over the road 22.5

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • big rig kit 22 or 24

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Super single 22 or 24"

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Big Rig tires will be HARD. They are rated to carry a LOT MORE WEIGHT than a pick-em-up truck. You will want to take this into consideration.

Dave

Guinness

superdudiest
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies.

I am just a little gun shy since I have been noticing "the pattern". Bear with me, but when you break anything or something is leaking and go to buy the part the guy looks at you and says "How did you break that, I never even seen one of those before" or they just look at you and go "Huh, I'll have to check with the guy in the back" Needless to says its allways a part that fits into something else that has been phased out, updated or otherwise changed needing you to buy the "other" non broken part to get the part you need which is exactly the same off of it. I have been having these kind of problems ever since I bought this truck. Even common things like u-joints are getting complicated, they have little plastic bull**** spacers down inside. Transmission cooler lines - you ever try to find a bung for the trans that goes deeper than stock to fix the "2 threads" it screws into in a hopes to get past the stripped part.. There aint such a thing
Even getting the exact same part is a pain in the ass, let alone an extended one. /end rant

Anyhow, I hope not to paint myself in a corner with any of these options, just trying to figure out whats best for next time I gotta do this.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a fan of the American Force 22's with the Toyo m/t's together they make a good looking combo.

Last edited:

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with 22.5's, you can get a tire that you will probably never wear out. And you can ballance a semi tire.....and go with duals, the ss is for srw's.......just my:2c:drink

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you buy a truck tire, you dont HAVE to get a hard one. Instead of buying a 14 ply otr tire, look for maybe something off a box van, or local delivery truck. just like out tires, 10 ply (e) rating, 3-4k load rating. Even a school bus tire would be badass, probably never wear out, and ride just as nice as a factory sd. These options for tires would for sure be the 22.5, also.

Guinness

superdudiest
Reaction score
I ended up going with the 22.5 with sumitomo 908 traction tires.. thanks to all that replied. hopefully will be here next week.

Last edited:

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a ram 3500 dually in texas this week with a 22.5 big rig and about an 8" lift, pulling a big ball hitch trailer. It was HUGE! looked mean, all black! cant wait to see yours.

Guinness

superdudiest
Reaction score
well, still no tires and wheels from auqasun.. any day now they said they would get me a tracking number. Im about ready to cancel - not really what I expected after dropping $5,000

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14