DRW tires and wheels, 22.5, 22 or 24? Super single?

tire and rim combo

• Stick with swampers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • big rig kit over the road 22.5

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • big rig kit 22 or 24

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Super single 22 or 24"

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness

superdudiest
Reaction score
Im due for inspection and my PSD DRW needs new tires, the wheels are also pretty beat up. I came into some money and I am looking for something interesting so I was thinking about a super single kit but I cant for the life of me find a picture of this done already other than on an F650 conversion. This kinda makes me want to do it more since its not seen that often. The truck is a daily driver, rarely tows, but when it does its a 23 foot v nose.

The truck has a 6 or 8 inch lift and currently runs on 37" swampers, the tires were ok but now are way out of balance and are beating the hell out of the truck and me at 40mph. They are all worn to the point of replacement. I plan on also putting gears in for the new tires and rims.

Now I have to decide wether to get swampers again and change nothing other than use dynabeads in the tires this time for $2000, get an over the road tire and wheel kit for a little over $4000 with adaptors or try for the super singles.

I am also torn on wheel size to get, 22, 22.5 or 24 if I go with the super single or big rig kit. I am leaning toward 22 or 24 so I can run a more aggressive tire if I wanted to, does this mean I wouldnt be able to find an over the road tire for that size?

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I am the only one to vote right now I would say stay with the big rig kit. I know that you see them all the time but it is just a good look. If I had a dually that is what I would have on mine. Now the SS on a dually just doesn't look right. IMO I have seen lots of pics but for the life of now I can't find any sure somebody else will locate some. Go luck with you decision.

Guinness

superdudiest
Reaction score
Thanks, any ideas about tire sizes? I do go offroad, like construction style, nothing serious so I was looking for something with a decent ride on pavement, average mud and dirt capable. I know the over the road steering tires is not really what i want so I was leaning toward an even size like 22 or 24 to give me more options now and down the road. What I am getting at, should I stick to 22 - I never had a rim that big, is there more tire options for that size than 24 or 19.5?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I am the only one to vote right now I would say stay with the big rig kit. I know that you see them all the time but it is just a good look. If I had a dually that is what I would have on mine. Now the SS on a dually just doesn't look right. IMO I have seen lots of pics but for the life of now I can't find any sure somebody else will locate some. Go luck with you decision.

X2. The SS's on a DRW jus don't look right. Thay don't fill the "Hips" up proportionatly. 22s or 24s would be my choice.....:dunno

Joe

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
22.5 is a super common otr size, you'll save money on both tires and rims over the larger sizes. IMO the 22.5 is the best looking proportionally to our trucks, also. You could even get some grips or a mud lug farm truck tire if you want to do more off road:sweet

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hd01.jpg
What something like this??

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Simple recommendation from me would be to compare tire prices of the big rig kits... after all in a few years you'll need new rubber again... and who knows you may not have the capital to spend.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
Dog-
nice looking truck - got any specs on it? size lift, 22.5" tires? etc......i know it is not yours.

btw: you have your pm's turned off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for the:jackedthread

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dog-
nice looking truck - got any specs on it? size lift, 22.5" tires? etc......i know it is not yours.

btw: you have your pm's turned off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for the:jackedthread

I just googled it and some site popped up. Fixed the pm problem thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14