Dtc p2269

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
surprisingly ford is not that high on th eprice for the filters. $69 for both. hi-lo was freakin $89!! haha.. oh well i guess i can go with some motorcrap...lol

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought my filters from ford. thought what the heck! wow that one on the frame is kind of a ...... so i bought a 36mm socket but the only one they had was a deep at hilo, i hate buying cheap tools meaning other than snap on matco or crapsmen (personal preferrence) so i bought this one. well im glad i bought the cheap one its the only thing i think ill need it for but long story short i cut that lil booger in half...lol i couldnt get a good enough grip on the filter housing cap to keep the socket from popping off. all in all job done and no more dtc of water in fuel.

thanks for all yalls help in this and every other post i put up!!

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fail. water in fuel the very next morning after driving about 40mls...lol just keep draining it and hopefully itll all get out.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
(dont know 6.0's) can you pour the fuel into a clear cup??? if so you would see the water in the fuel. if not maybe its the sensor?

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can see that its clear as day coming out of the seperator and then towards the end it is greenish yellowish sometimes redish...lol

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting i went back to diesel from valero....no water...lol must of been condensation in the barrel... thanks for the help. my filters werent yellowish green either. slight shade of dirt though.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sound like you need to just pump the tank out drop it and clean it. I would put the fuel in 5 gal. tanks and filter it by hand. Then find a new fuel stop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58