DTC's

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be any number of things that's wrong with it and you'll never get an exact fix without posting the symptoms. For example the 1211 code can be related to the ICP IPR IDM. All of the codes could be related to just one part. I would start by pulling the plug out of the ICP and seeing if their is oil in it, if there is it's bad and needs replaced.

4moblmownit2

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My apologies to everyone trying to help about my last post, sometimes I get the tone wrong when its in print. My truck is all stock except for 265 tires and Rancho 9000 shocks, it has 293971 miles on it. I bought it brand new. Last Saturday it started missing, wouldn't have any power, acting like it was running out of fuel, first time check engine light has ever been on, and then would die. Get it started up, check engine light is off, start doing same thing, light would come on, and then it would die. Did this 4 or 5 times in 1.5 miles from Walmart barely getting home. Funny thing is I put in .5 qt of tranny fluid and it doesn't mess up for the rest of the day. Sunday I put a cam position sensor on it and that brought everything back to life. It hasn't messed up and the engine sounded like it old self again. Was at a friends who had just bought an Inova (something like that) code reader so I scanned my truck and these codes came up.

dpantazis

Reaction score
lets start over from the top.....

1. the ez code reader will read generic info but not the extended interface info specific to the auto manufacturers. its not just your truck it wont read. it would tell you basic things but not the extended range that our trucks use.

2. what is the status on things like- fuel filter, oil level, air filter.

3. glow plug code is probably a glow plug or the relay. search around, you will find info on diagnosing them.

4. read up on the UVCH clips. under valve cover harness clips. the electrical connection through the valve cover can give you fits.

5. IPR- needs a little more digging into . search IPR and you will learn how to diagnose and repair.

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My apologies to everyone trying to help about my last post, sometimes I get the tone wrong when its in print. My truck is all stock except for 265 tires and Rancho 9000 shocks, it has 293971 miles on it. I bought it brand new. Last Saturday it started missing, wouldn't have any power, acting like it was running out of fuel, first time check engine light has ever been on, and then would die. Get it started up, check engine light is off, start doing same thing, light would come on, and then it would die. Did this 4 or 5 times in 1.5 miles from Walmart barely getting home. Funny thing is I put in .5 qt of tranny fluid and it doesn't mess up for the rest of the day. Sunday I put a cam position sensor on it and that brought everything back to life. It hasn't messed up and the engine sounded like it old self again. Was at a friends who had just bought an Inova (something like that) code reader so I scanned my truck and these codes came up.

sounds like you may have alreay fixed the problem and the truck now runs fine?? did any body clear codes after the new CPS went in and the trouble went away?? them codes will stay for ever unless they get cleard....like i said in my last post...if you think you fixed the truck and she is running good again...clear them codes and check for them again in a few days to see if any has come back...

4moblmownit2

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Many thanks for everyone's input. I'm not sure if the codes are still there or not but we didn't clear them and I will try to do that later today. My EZ reader won't read anything on my truck, it starts scanning data and never quits. The oil level is where it should be, the fuel filter was changed about 8000 miles ago, and the air filter is a little dirty but not real bad since I blow it out often. What is an IPR? I will check up on the UVCH clips since it only has had one valve cover removed way back when it had maybe 20000 miles on it and the Ford dealership replaced a injector under warranty. Its been a good old truck except for having had to have the trans overhauled twice, one water pump, a steering box, upper & lower ball joints on both sides, one fuel pump, and a bunch of brakes. Almost forgot that the front wheel drive hasn't worked for 7 or 8 years. Drive shaft spins but no power to the wheel. Now that I said all of that, maybe it hasn't been such a good truck after all, lol.

dpantazis

Reaction score
ICP is injector control pressure sensor. its what reads the high pressure oil put out by the HPOP to actuate the injectors. if you unplug it and the truck idles normal, then you know the ICP is bad.

IPR is injector pressure regulator. it controls the pressure of the HPOP oil. its screwed into the back of the HPOP. if the oring on the IPR go bad, your truck will run like crap.

4 wheel drive- your wheel hubs are not working. could be a bad vacuum hose or bad oring or failed hub.

BryceBurden1990

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
As said before, there is no chart of DTC's and how to cure them, if there was it would take days to read through it and find what you were originally looking for. If the truck is running fine now, I would clear the codes and then check again in a few days, your buddy's Innova should have a button to clear the codes, I know mine does.

One place you can check, and I recommend this to everyone cause its a real timesaver at the shop, go to ALLDATAdiy.com :: Leading Source of Diagnostic and Repair Information and purchase a subscription for your particular truck, it will have everything from DTC tips to exploded views of things and torque specs, very handy to have.

Hope this helps!!!

Bryce

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58