Dually Tire Recomendations.....

probear

Whoresetmytitle?
Reaction score
What are you running now, what have you run and how do you rate them.

I'm looking at LT235-85-16 sizes, with the usual criteria....
Mileage, traction, cost, ride, etc.
Not really worried about snow, and not much off road, although I do not want a straight 'hi-way' type of tire.
:thanks

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running a set of GoodYear G-159 235-85s on mine. 65K on'm and plenty of life left. All Steel belted radial. A bit pricey @ 200 and change per tire but I'v had 4 sets on 3 trucks, got 80K+ out of'm all. Damn good road tire, good ride and carries loads real good. They are a Commercial type tire, you may have to go to a Commercail tire dealer to find'm or a good tire store that can (or will) get'm for ya. 10" inch print. Looks good on a Dually. I like'm and will buy another set.

JOE

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Hi Pro bear...
I would suspect you do not have a Less Swabb Tire Center in your neck of the Woods...if you had I would have recommended the Wild cat Series. These are made by Cooper... Very similar to the Discovery, good Ride decent life (40k)... and decent Price... Spent 765.50 for all six mounted balanced and road hazard... day before yesterday... this is the second set of these tires I've run.... Set before were BFG Commercial T/A's they were decent,(Lasted around 40K) however did not have enough mud and snow go for me... prior to that were the Goodyear Wrangler series, those lasted around 45 K... but had a hard time keeping them balanced....

silverado3500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run delta sierradials (made by cooper) on my 2000 F-350. Originally I had LT285/75R16, when the truck was SRW, and then 255/85R16 after I finished converting it into a dually. If your looking for a slightly taller (33") tire, the 255/85R16 will fit well if you have the alloy wheels. They also have 235/85R16 as well.
Bulldog tires over in Covington sells the sierradials. I have 30,000 miles on my current set, and there's at least 80% of the tread remaining. The utog (tread life)rating is 500. Ride and traction performance is excellent, especially in the rain.

http://www.deltatire.com/catalog/tireDetails.asp?tID=25&tCatID=2&tireCat=LT
This is the tire that I'm running.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14