Help Needed Dull mystery rattle in my SD

Deerjager

Meister Gewehr
Reaction score
check for a broken leaf in your DS rear spring pack

Inspected springs on rear and they look good to me. Rechecked exhaust and spare. I will inspect sway and shock bushings when I can devote more time for inspection.

Thanks for all the ideas. You all gave me some great ideas of stuff to check.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Had a regular thumping coming from the back half of my truck also... for the life of me I couldn't find it.... then one day... I took my trailer hitch off... was just one of those things I didn't give much thought to ...

Deerjager

Meister Gewehr
Reaction score
Found it!

I checked & re-checked suspension, exhaust etc. Took out the hitch and pin. No luck. Ordered new shocks in case I had a bad one (still running the original ones). Have not arrived yet so the search continued.

Found a loose battery operated light I had mounted in the bed for illumination with the camper shell. Removed light and rattle went away.:clap:

My son (12 year old) was the one who took off the clamps on the shell at the front of the bed with the air ratchet while I took off the rear with the regular ratchet. He did not know to check the mounted light and I never thought to have him check it. Should have used the KISS method on eliminating possible sources. Oh, well, rattle is gone. Thanks for all the suggestions from fellow members.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14