E-Brake adjusments?

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Hello,

My E brake sucks. It used to hold the truck still as I loaded the car but lately it cant even hold the truck still on a slight hill. (yes I drove a mile or two with it on) but I thought that with the rear drum brakes they are self adjusting.... maybe not. is there anything I can do?? I have check the cable and everything is moving fine and lubed up. :dunno:dunno:dunno

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know but sure wish someone that knows about these E-brakes would say something, I need to help out a friend with his 03, so come on we need help.

Doug

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know but sure wish someone that knows about these E-brakes would say something, I need to help out a friend with his 03, so come on we need help.

Doug

X2,

Mine don't hold like it usta either. Halfta Romp down on it purdy good.. even in the driveway.:(

Joe

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
they don't self-adjust.
you have to get in there with a spoon through the backing plate

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
JL in here???

and if so flick that rubber thing out and star it up or down??

I guess Ill find out.. thanks!!!!!!!:sweet

Love this place, cant wait till my uvch clips and glow plugs come in. Its been quite a while since I have wrenched on the ol girl. Along with a pinion seal I should have at least a half day to set aside. :D:D:D

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
irace mine.... your there.... I found the best way to do this is throw a bottle jack under that wheel, turn the wheel, turn the star till you hear the pad start to rub, then do the other side.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
irace mine.... your there.... I found the best way to do this is throw a bottle jack under that wheel, turn the wheel, turn the star till you hear the pad start to rub, then do the other side.

Ahh.... will do. Just like trailer brakes. Well then I can do:thumbs ;tu

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

AH-HA.. thee "ol way ;tu

I knew my age would serve me well.. some day ;):D

I've just never crawled under, to look it over.. kinda thought that might be the fix... but thanks guyz :sweet

Thanks for the pics (and the finger) iracemine..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58