EBP Sensor, tube cleaning

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
I am gonna tackle this over the weekend I believe and was wondering if any of you who had done this had any input? Any help would be appreciated. Both the tube and the sensor are completly full of soot. Thanks

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
Clean the sensor out with small screwdriver/wire brush, carb cleaner, as for the tube check at the stealership, last time I checked they were only like 15 bucks I think, for that money attempting to clean the stinkin thing doesn't even make sense. By the way were ya from? I'm a Missourian too....

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
I see, when I worked for the local Deere dealer I took some Protech classes up there. I'm about 3.5 hours away, down 19 and east on 8 a ways or about 60 miles south of St louis on 67.

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
I have an idea of where Farmington, don't go there much, but have passed through a time or two. If you ever on Interstate 70 anywhere from Highway 65 to St.Louis, let me know.

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Do you restore tractors or something? Cause if so I got a good buddy who may know you, that's what his business is.

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
Got Diesel said:
I am gonna tackle this over the weekend I believe and was wondering if any of you who had done this had any input? Any help would be appreciated. Both the tube and the sensor are completly full of soot. Thanks

I just cleaned mine on my 97 last weekend and the one on my buddies 2000, IT KINDA SUCKS. and dirty, I used an old lawnmower throttle cable and a drill and it took two of us to run the drill, hold the tube and feed the spinning wet noodle of a cable into the tube. But it did clean em out and as for the sensor, its easy. All I have to say is the next time I plug mine up, I buying a new one, especially if they are only 15 bucks. Just my thoughts!:thumbs

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
Got Diesel said:
Do you restore tractors or something? Cause if so I got a good buddy who may know you, that's what his business is.

No, I do have a buddy that I used to work with at the local Deere dealer that did restore tractors in his spare time, but now he has built a new shop and just repairs tractors, hi lifts, etc instead, its more profitable. If you figure time to really restore a tractor right you only make about .10 and hour:D

I now work at a BRAND X (Chevy) dealership here in town. Much better pay potential and .002% as many headaches, I was the Service Manager at the Deere dealer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58