EBP Sensor, tube cleaning

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Ebp Sensor= Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor, if the pressure is above a certain level this can cause the truck to defuel.

driveboosted

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks,
so this is something to check on. have to do that. any odvious drivablitiy to watch for if this is happening. check engine light?

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Not really, if you scan it you will prolly get a code. Can't remember it off the top of my head.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
ok I read all the posts about this and found that my truck had this tube clogged bad.

It made sense because my ebpv would come on so hard it would pop and then go away. then it would do it again almost like a lobing idle. but never had a check engine light.

I noticed it would also stay on very strong when driving. oh and also my gas millage would go wayyy down when it would get cold.

so why not this site has been right on about everything else. SOLID WET NASTY BLOCKAGE!!! it wasent bad to get off at all. the sensor wasent bad because the tube was sooo clogged that I think it stopped taking a reading a year or two ago. I also found that the header was clogged too, so maybe some of you out there that are about to do this should poke in the hole from the header to the tube too.

here is the part I dont recommend I could not find anything that could dig out this extreemly packed damp soot. I also new that the tube was bad since it had carroded a hole in it. So I drilled a couple holes to stick a coat hanger in there and went to town. Then true to my home page I JB welded over the holes and carrosion holes.

a few weeks have gone by now and it still is holding up great. knew I was going to replace it but now I might wait till summer to do this.

oh the soot was wet because I never did the CCV mod. um yeeeah I went ahead and took care of that too. Like I said this site had been spot on:sweet

JRJ04

Reaction score
can someone post a pic of where this is exactly located? is it right above the fuel filter bowl?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14