Edge Insight help...

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
So I decided on getting the Edge Insight Module with an SCT X3 with custom tunes... which I can't wait to get my hands on!:sly

Anyways... I installed the Edge Insight along with the optional EGT Probe and can't seem to find the information on how to set the EGT warning alarm. According to the instruction manual, I can set it... but I can't find it in the manual or just by searching through all of the functions on the modual itself. The manual says 1600 deg. is max temperature... but I would really like to have the warning lights and the alarm. Can anyone help me that has one of these?

Another thing... my trans. temp says N/A. I am assuming that is a good thing at the moment... but just want to know if this is a normal reading when I am not towing anything.

The manual is pretty vague with its information... so I am going to assume that some first hand information is a better option.

Thanks all!

Last edited:

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried setting alarms on mine yet but will probably get to it this weekend. The trans temp you need is under the Ford-specific PIDs, not the generic. If it doesn't show up under the Ford PID's, let me know what version of software shows up and I might be able to help. There was an issue where the latest software update inadvertantly left off the trans temps. Edge targeted a web download on the Fusion software that was the previous version and now mine works fine. Hope this helps. :D

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
Thanks man. I will look over it tomorrow when I get up and have some time to kill before I begin to get ready for Sunday's slaying of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Weird that I am actually rooting for Arizona... but only because Pittsburgh stole SB 40 from the Hawks.

It seems like the Insight is a pretty straight forward piece of equipment. I just wish I could get the proper alarms set also get it so the Insight didn't light up blue... but was green to match the rest of my dash lights.

Let me know if you run into anything else I may need to know!

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To change the backlighting color, go to Menu, Configuration, set LCD Display and it will let you set the % of red, blue and green (and contrast) to get the color you like. Just for reference my Insight is now at software version 2.2.0. I might try my alarms tomorrow! :)

Last edited:

jyoung

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to call tech support for the edge insight.....They informed me that the new version of insights, the trans temp and the color change option were not included. Once I downloaded their program onto my computer I just hook up the unit to the USB and upload the version prior to mine and I was done in less than 10 minutes.
I hooked it up and everything is working great.
They were extremely helpful!

jyoung

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You have to call tech support (888-360-3343) and tell them what is going on and they will back you out of the version you have and download the older version onto the insight. It was very easy! I also talked to them about monitoring the fuel pressure and they told me that they may have a download for that in a couple of months and to check back. I have to call them again and see why I still can't change colors but it's no big deal with the colors....I can live without that feature.
If you can before you call them make sure you installed the program onto your computer that came with the unit and make sure your registered...It will make it that much easier when you call.

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
Awesome information dude... thank you. Those are the exact problems I have been having. Along with not having an alarm for my EGT Temp. Maybe that will fix it as well. :dunno Did you have to call Edge directly?

Anyways... I just received my X3 tuner today as well and am stoked for the custom tunes. Not real happy that they don't send the USB adaption... which means I need to locate one... :rant

jyoung

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Awesome information dude... thank you. Those are the exact problems I have been having. Along with not having an alarm for my EGT Temp. Maybe that will fix it as well. :dunno Did you have to call Edge directly?

Anyways... I just received my X3 tuner today as well and am stoked for the custom tunes. Not real happy that they don't send the USB adaption... which means I need to locate one... :rant

I did have to call them direct.....they were awesome! in-fact I never installed the program and the guy sat there BS'ing with me while I installed the program, the guy I talked to was a real nice guy...walked me through everything.

For the SCT X3 you are supposed to use the same cord that you have for your printer.
What tunes did you get? I got the econo, tow and the street. I'm running the street tune and it moves out! I can't imagine the extreme tune. I might just call Eric at Innovative and have him send it to me to try out...it's only $80

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
For the SCT X3 you are supposed to use the same cord that you have for your printer.
What tunes did you get? I got the econo, tow and the street. I'm running the street tune and it moves out! I can't imagine the extreme tune. I might just call Eric at Innovative and have him send it to me to try out...it's only $80

Yeah... I just had to go buy a USB cord. No biggie. I did purchase the Xtreme tune. Talking with Eric... he said I should get the Xtreme Street, not the Xtreme Race. He said the race version is for non daily driven vehicles. Mine isn't daily driven... but I didn't want to run the risk of breaking the truck due to me wanting to go faster.

I used to have the Superchips Flashpaq before it got stolen. On the Performance setting it ran an estimated 14.7 quarter at 91mph according to the Edge Insight. So I can't wait to see what the new SCT is going to do on the Xtreme setting.

I also went with the econo and tow burns as well. Just waiting to get a correct link from Eric so I can download my tunes. All this waiting sucks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14