Edge Insight help...

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
Update for anyone interested... I was able to download my tunes the other day and they work perfectly. I was also able to download a new update to my Insight that has allowed me to gain the alarms that are needed... but still hasn't changed my Trans Temp from N/A... to working. Anyone got any ideas? I have the Fusion software ready to go if anyone can help! Thanks!

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trans temp with the N/A may be the generic one. If so, look under the Ford-Specific PIDs for another trans temp.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
So I decided on getting the Edge Insight Module with an SCT X3 with custom tunes... which I can't wait to get my hands on!:sly

Anyways... I installed the Edge Insight along with the optional EGT Probe and can't seem to find the information on how to set the EGT warning alarm. According to the instruction manual, I can set it... but I can't find it in the manual or just by searching through all of the functions on the modual itself. The manual says 1600 deg. is max temperature... but I would really like to have the warning lights and the alarm. Can anyone help me that has one of these?

Another thing... my trans. temp says N/A. I am assuming that is a good thing at the moment... but just want to know if this is a normal reading when I am not towing anything.

The manual is pretty vague with its information... so I am going to assume that some first hand information is a better option.

Thanks all!

At 1600 deg.'s your turbos fins would be glowing red and baked!! 1350 is where you shouldn't exceed. I set my alarm at 1300.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
I use 1200 as my NEVER EXCEED temperature. Aluminum starts to melt at 1250 degrees F.

Dave
It's a good thing our turbos aren't made of Aluminum! :D I set my temp. a little higher because my programmer will start to defuel immediately if it hits 1300. A few seconds of 1300 deg. now and then hasn't hurt anything. It is my understanding from reading many posts both here and elsewhere that our trucks could run all day long at 1250 if they had to (not that I ever would). Fact or fiction?

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
I think I set my first warning at 1150... second at 1225... and final at 1300. I have only barely made it into the second warning under full throttle.

bserventi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the same settup with the SCT and Edge Insight. What are good warning levels to set for the ECT, and Tranny Temp?

I've set my EGT at 1100,1200, and 1300 as well.

I think I have my Coolant Temp set to 215, 230, 245

Tranny at 195, 205,220.

Do these seem close to a correct setting. The EGT is the only one that will flash at me every once in a while if I really romp on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14