Edge Insight help...

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I know when I'm being patronized. :tounge :hail

No you are not being patronized. Different people have different values for the melting point of pistons. I use 1250 as the maximum value before I melt pistons. You can use any value for the melting point of the pistons. It is your choice. I don't want to rebuild me engine after 100,000 miles of use.

Dave

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
No you are not being patronized. Different people have different values for the melting point of pistons. I use 1250 as the maximum value before I melt pistons. You can use any value for the melting point of the pistons. It is your choice. I don't want to rebuild me engine after 100,000 miles of use.

Dave
It appears from looking at your signature that you don't run a programmer or tuner. I believe that those of us that do, and can set a warning when temp. gets too high and can defuel automatically, are much safer. Having to look at the gauge every few seconds when pushing it or what if cooler or anything else fails while your just cruising along not paying attention. I'd rather keep my eyes on the road. I rarely see 1200, and 1250 is better than 1300 is safe to say,you're right. Has anybody here,even with highly modded trucks had a melted piston? Boy, you'd really have to not be paying attention for that to happen I'd reckon.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
No programmer or chips. I use my truck for my work and would rather it runs good. I am past the performance point. Old age gets us all, eventually.

Dave

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
No programmer or chips. I use my truck for my work and would rather it runs good. I am past the performance point. Old age gets us all, eventually.

Dave
10/4 Dave, but please don't confuse those of us that run a mild program with those that race and run hot tunes. I use my truck for work most every day and it runs better than "good", with the same and often better gas mileage. I too am getting old and want longevity from my truck. These days not many of us can afford a new one. ;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14