EF3 Tornado hit my hometown last night

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Don't really know how far the news has spread, but just wanted to let y'all know that my hometown was hit by an EF3 tornado late Saturday night.

We headed to a neighbor's house (they have a basement) for about 3 hours from 10pm to 1am. We lost power for about 10 hours.

We were fortunate in that we live about 3.5 miles from where all the destruction happened.

I very good friend of ours that we go to church with had a big tree come thru his living room right after they went to take cover in the hall way. They are all ok without harm, but were trapped in the house for a little while.

I have always seen the destruction on TV when tornadoes hit, but never really realized the awesome of their power until I saw it all firsthand today.

Less fortunate than our town, 10 lives were lost in Yazoo City, MS, 2 of which were small children.

HERE is a video that a friend of mine made that shows the damage that was done.

Some of the pictures I took myself. Y'all keep us in mind down here in North AL and the other areas that were hit.

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, thats some scary stuff i've seen them on tv and their nothing nice i can't imagine witnessing one first hand - Glad to hear u guys are ok.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
glad you kept your head down Stephen. We're thinking of you.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stephen, sure glad you and your family are OK, sorry to hear about all of the deaths in MS.
Doug

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
I know what that's like for sure Stephen. Back in late October, Boosier city got hit by an F-2 and it came within 300 yds of my place. I was very lucky to get home and inside about 30 seconds before we got the wrath of it. I sure was glad to get my wife and little girl inside!! We only had about $5,000 in damage after it was all said and done and we were lucky to only get that! I lost about 60 ft of a 6 ft cedar fence i had put up about 6 months before and turned our new gazebo into a pretzel. many people around the neighborhood lost their chimney's.

we'll be thinking about you.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
The whole town seems to be in good spirits and people are all helping one another.

We have a lot of law enforcement, utility companies, etc. from all over N. AL in Albertville helping to put it all back together.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Glad to hear your alright. Saw on the news that there were 50 some twisters in the south during that storm system. 3 years ago we had a close call when one dropped down less than a quarter mile from us but went the other way. It's great to see people come from all around to help with the cleanup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg