EGR again :(

the_hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My EGR is being replaced as we speak. It was done last year at this time. My original one lasted 2 years.

Does anyone know of anything I can do to stop this from happening? I know that excessive idling does it, but I have drastically reduced my idling time to almost zero. :dizzy

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Drive it like you stole it. Get on it to keep the carbon from building up so quickly. These thing get carboned up easily. You have got to adjust your driving or you will go through EGRs.

Dave

the_hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't notice any difference in performance. I just took it in to find out what the CEL was on for, and they replaced it because it is under warranty.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
Drive it like you stole it. Get on it to keep the carbon from building up so quickly. These thing get carboned up easily. You have got to adjust your driving or you will go through EGRs.

Dave

X2!! about every tank full at some point while on the freeway i like to have a sudden acceleration problem. seems as a bunch of mucus comes out the tailpipe....:sly

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when my egr went out my truck had major turbo lag.. and i had lots of black smoke.. which was cool, not having power sucked. but i went almost 3 years on first one..

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EGR trouble

Take a look at the fuel you are using. ULSD will help keep deposits down. Keeping idling to a minimum is very important also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58