EGR again :(

jyoung

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
When my EGR went I was just having a white puff when I took off and no ther problems...Truck never threw a code I just happen to notice the white puffs in the side view mirror.
My dealer replaced it and no problems since.

Don't want to hijack the thread but I was told that the tune on the SCT X3 shuts down the EGR....Is that true????

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had my EGR and EBP replaced, Tech told me I needed to replace the EGR every 30,000, I asked if they would do that under warranty, he said only if it checks bad, I told him I would be back when it goes bad, If still under warranty, If not I will install EGR delete.

the_hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had my EGR and EBP replaced, Tech told me I needed to replace the EGR every 30,000, I asked if they would do that under warranty, he said only if it checks bad, I told him I would be back when it goes bad, If still under warranty, If not I will install EGR delete.

Once you have passed the 60000km warranty you will have to pay the $100 deductible every time.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it does not on my 04, but it will on the new trucks the check engine light will come on. A tuner will fix that problem. In some cases the truck runs better.......go figer.

Tech told me I needed to replace the EGR every 30,000,
Not true they just have to be cleaned. There is a post someware here on the clean of the egr and system. I keep a second one around so I can change them out when cleaning.

Last edited:

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
hey dog-
any truth to the fact that once cleaned and put back in, it must be tested and codes cleared? or is it a simple case of rinse and repeat.....install....and hit the go pedal? reason being is i am gonna tackle this b4 the weekend, warmer weather approaching - been sittin on the gaskets for about a yr.

Diesel Technician Society

ask and u shall receive.............

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
simple case of rinse and repeat.....install....and hit the go pedal. I clean the area down around where the egr go's, have to get that crap too. I use a small shop vac to suck that stuff up. Get new O-rings for the egr to.

Thats it Red, you the man......:D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg