EGR Baffle kit

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
So, what did you end up doing? If you put in a baffle kit - what do you think?

I had a 'greased' up EGR that I believe was caused from tooo much oil on my AirAid air filter being sucked in. At the moment, I am seriously considering discarding the EGR. Maybe this fix from Ford will help but I could use some advise before experimenting. There maybe other issues I am not aware of as well.

what year is your truck and are you under/out of warranty?? if you are out of warrenty i would spend the coin on the egr delete kit... i will be doing this as soon as im out of warrenty.. but i don't wanna void the warranty on the motor so im waiting... i have the egr deleted in my tune from innovative but carbon is still allowed to build...

MuleMan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I think I am out of warranty - Born Sept 2003 6 Liter, 6 sp with 43k miles - been a good rig.
As far as deleting the EGR - I think I want to do it. There are several kit options out there including a budget one listed on ebay stores for less than $150; what do you recommend? I use my truck for farming part time and lots of hunting which includes pulling a goose-neck trailer ranging 6,000 to 12,000 lbs during the fall months.

Extras -AirAid filter and edge juice w/ attitude plus a loose nut behind the wheel.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
im for the delete kit i just got mine put on with studs and love it so far enabled me to get an insane tune from bill at dfuser and holy crap im finally satisfied with the get up and go with my truck....well that may be temporary :sly

MuleMan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have done a little more research and would like some thoughts on the 2 types of EGR 'removal' kits I found. 1 kit blocks off the exhaust ports (cheaper) and coolant plumbing is still functioning while the other one removes the baffle and has a coolant re-routing tube. Both of them use the same blue tube EGR hose. I hope I got the terminology correct but do you guys have a preference?

chrispugs1967

chrispugs
Reaction score
So i finally had time t get to the dealer and talk to the parts guy about this, after about 20 mins of searching books he finally asked the mechanic and he told us where it goes, this time i brought the baffle with me and showed him it didnt fit they had no idea why. they gave me my money back. Im dealing with a air condition leak now and after that i have to change a caliber in the front then onto the delete kit.I'll be back on to figure out the way to go with that since i have no idea about them.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i bought the more expensive one from dfuser i cant remember what the exact differences are but it was enough to make me spend the extra money and im a cheap ***** but if you holler at bill he can answer any ?'s

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14