EGR delete, HERE WE Go Again

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well boys i wont bore you with the details, but i did an EGR delete, had some gooey paste in the intake but i cleaned it okay, oil cooler was plugging up.
Here is what i know, don't do this job with a hangover the tear down will go very poorly take my word for it. Don't brake your map sensor off it will cost you $114.00. Don't forget to get the egr delete kit with the new gasket for the intake (big O ring) otherwise you get to buy it from the dealer for $74.00 and all you want is the "O" ring.

The question: I can't get over 20psi on boost, anybody have any thoughts why. I did leave the EGR valve plugged in and bolted in the manifold instead of a block off plate need it for visual on smog and didn't know what to do with the wires anyway so i just plugged them back in.

Job was a little tough but so is life.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What did you do to the EGR valve? Did you cut off and block the exhaust? Have another beer.

Dave :)

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the EGR valve in the manifold like it came out, i even hooked it back up (the pigtail is plugged in) , as far as the up pipe to the turbo i replaced it with a straight pipe provided in the kit?????

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Maybe an exhaust leak some where? Did you replace ALL of the o-rings/gaskets? Since you are not building full boost, you must have a leak in the exhaust or intake. Check it over again.

Dave

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10-4 I will look again, i already did, even pulled the turbo all the way back out and reinstalled it, used a ratchet to pull the Y pipe in place like SR Master shows to, even torqued to all clamp specifications, i will check again but i am positive its all sealed up. A funny thing did happen that i think was a lose clamp was upon first start it was running fine at idle but when i brought it up to 2000 rpm still parked in the driveway it blew the hot side blue boot off the turbo i did not have the clamp down far enough that was my error

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I was told by doing the delete you removed some restrictions so the turbo will make less boost but provide the same or more power because it doesn't have to push so hard. I make 27lbs tops but most of the time it stays around 25lbs. Yours sounds low. Maybe you can cut the egr valve off so it doesn't restrict any flow but would be nice to have an old one to try that with so you don't ruin a good one.

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there! My turbo was a royal bitch to get in and all the exhaust connections sealed. Always did have a little leak where the egr cooler meets the exhaust pipe, no matter what I did. I just coudn't get it to stay tight together. It doesn't take much of a leak to lose 5psi boost.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am guessing he does NOT have a tuner on the truck. He stated that he left the ERG valve plugged in; so I am guessing not.

Dave :dunno

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No tuner will give you some fun. If he get the tuner that should fix the problem. But with the delete and no tuner truck wont run right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58